• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 ABS Light stays on

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Found the ABS port with the orange and black wire, under the passenger side kick panel. Grounded the plug ang got 12 total blinks on the ABS light (11 short and 1 long). So I’m making some progress. Does anyone have the abs code sheet? Internet has some charts but conflicting information.

I appreciate all the help thus far.

Is that a light I see at the end of the tunnel?

Edit. My manual lists 12 blinks as fluid level switch grounded during a RABS stop
if you had clicked on post number 4 I linked you to a discussion and it also has a photo of the codes

Last edited:

rclinton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
UPDATE: Went out to the truck and checked the wiring /connector for the master cylinder reservoir fluid level. Levels were all good but connecter was suspect as well as the wires were brittle so I ordered a new connector. Is there anything else I should be looking at.

RangerBilly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT Long
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The ABS light on my 1993 Ranger XLT 3.0 had been on for nearly a year. I thought there was something wrong with the computer or regulator valve assembly, but couldn't afford to investigate it any further.

While I was under there replacing the leaking T-fitting and hose over the rear axle this week, I decided to unplug the ABS sensor from the top of the differential and check it. The resistance read around 1800 ohms, within spec. And although the sensor was clean (not covered with iron filings), the electrical harness was not plugging into it firmly. No matter how much I pushed it back into the sensor, it didn't seem like a tight fit. I used an ohm meter to check the continuity from harness to plug: it was an open circuit!

I DID have a spare plug with pigtail from Rock Auto that I ordered years ago but never installed, so I spliced it in to the harness and plugged it back into the sensor. The ABS light went off a couple of seconds after I started the engine.

In order to test the system the next day, I found a deserted road in a public park that had rain puddles and ice in certain spots. I sped up to about 40 mph, then slammed on the brakes. The truck stopped straight as an arrow with the front tires squealing and I DID feel the brake pedal pulsing.

So I didn't have to worry about ABS codes or a bad valve assembly after all. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals