• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Why are you a FORD person

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have had roughly 28 different vehicles and I'm only 29 and I wouldn't say that I am a die hard Ford guy but my only two vehicles right now happen to be Fords.

Got tired of my 05 Deville and it was starting to need a fair amount more maintenance than the normal 8 qt. synthetic oil changes.... I had the Deville for a couple years and it was a great car, I mean land yacht, but I wanted something fun again so in September of this year I picked up a 2013 Focus ST that only had 30,000 miles on her. It's an ST3 in race red with many mods and is a blast to drive.

Also, back in July I purchased my old work truck which is a 2003 Ranger Edge Ext Cab 4x4. Has the 4.0 and the R7 rear axle. At our company we treat lakes and ponds so the trucks are usually loaded down with 500+ pounds in the bed with chemicals and gear and always has our treatment boats attached which all together with trailer weigh about 1500+ pounds. We bought this particular truck many years ago when she was only a few years old with 20k on the clock and then retired her when she needed yet another set of tires. She's mine now and is being taken care of with right at 243,000 miles on her!

At our company, we have pretty much exclusively used Rangers because of their size and great 4x4 abilities. We have to get into some pretty tight places and don't get the luxury of boat ramps. The things I have seen these trucks do and what I have done with them, with a trailer attached up steep grades, etc... I am sold on the platform and for as long as my Ranger will keep running I will keep depending on her to haul stuff and get me around when the weather turns all....Indiana

On a side note, I like how ford is designing their new vehicles. We just got two new F150's at work and they are pretty basic 4x4 models but you still get bluetooth and tons of other useful stuff that I wouldn't expect on a more basic regular cab truck, that's more than I can say for our sales truck which is a '16 Silverado crew cab 4x4, yeah you get a powerful 5.3L which I do like, but that's about it. The interior is so boring, they had to have tried to make it lame, no bluetooth, nothing. The 4x4 sucks in it too. I'm not happy with everything Ford does but as far as vehicles go, I do put a bit of trust in Ford.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Right now I hate them all, anything with four wheels can eat a dick. Mostly I hate the Expedition because it is being a PITA.

I liked my Ranger, not all Fords, not all Rangers, just mine. But it was broken a lot, normal 20-year old vehicle stuff, but still broken a lot, so I started working on it, and I enjoyed it, but I didn't know what I was doing. So I went to school to learn more, and figured I am working on a Ford, might as well go to Ford school. So I went to Ford school. Then I went to Ford work. Now I have learned that working on cars is like speaking a language. All the different groups have their own oddities, but once you get those figured out you can work with them all. So now I buy Fords because I already know what kind of stupid stuff their designers pull, and how to get around it, and that means I can work on them easy.

Also, I like Ford's interiors better than anyone else.

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
It kinda' runs in the family... (that's me in the middle :D)

Some of my earliest memories is "helping" Dad work on his 60(?) Galaxie 500, I've been turnin' a wrench ever since.

Dad liked Fords and Dodges', like Father like son!!

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Growing up there were always just more fords in the driveway than anything else. The first trucks I remember my mom and dad having were and F-150 and a ranger. I watched my mom drive that ranger everyday 6-7 times a week for YEARS and YEARS on end with no major issues. Reliability has been big with me and Ford as well. I've had less issues with my old fords than I did with my 2 year old "new" (used but new to me) car. I like vehicles that are easy to work on, parts are cheap and always available and its not something I'd worry about getting a scratch and dent.

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Born into it.

Dad always had an old ford pick-up he used to get to work with. First one I remember was a 79' F250 (400M/2WD/Auto/Standard Cab) that all four of us would pile into and go to my grandparents' house. "Helping' him usually meant laying in the driveway with him while he changed the oil in it. Later he bought a 89' SC Ranger (2WD) that I later learned to drive stick on and drove quite often. We've had Fords as long as I can remember (except the new 87' Isuzu Trooper II that Mom drove for years.)

I will say after selling my 02' a month ago (and the Mustang in my signature sitting far too often) I've not been as brand loyal, with my wife's new(er) 14' CR-V and my current daily a 00' BMW Z3.

However, I'm currently looking for OBS F-series or Bronco to keep around the house.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I'm not really a Ford guy, it's just what I happen to have at the moment. I've owned something from just about every brand under the sun. I could complain about the deficiencies of other brands but Ford has built plenty of their own needlessly complicated, and under engineered garbage so I have no sense of brand loyalty anymore.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My father was always a ford guy for whatever reason. He owned a lot of non fords but typically there was a ford in the driveway. He bought the ranger that I now own a few years ago. It got to be too much work for him so I bought it.

I also work on a fleet of fords as a mechanic for a large construction company so why not take more punishment and work on them at home too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
I've had several cars by now. First car I bought was a '71 Chevelle. Had a few Mopars for awhile. I like machinery in general. I'm just a little heavier on Fords. The car I had the longest was a '67 Mustang. When I signed up here I had a ratty '89 Ranger S. I sold it and drove an El Camino for awhile. I kinda regretted selling my Ranger and got another one. They're great little trucks, pretty simple to work on. I don't care to spend more money to get the Toyota badge on my truck. The family has had a few Fords around (except for my Grandpa, die-hard Ford fan...) I got my licence in the family Mercury Monarch. Ford makes some good cars and their trucks are even better.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
..... and if you want it to get worked on cheap, it has to be a Ford"
Contrary to popular belief, it does not mean "First On Race Day" but "Fix Or Repair Daily".

I had a 75 Gran Torino which was ok somewhat... Now I have a 02 Ranger, it is falling apart more (and faster) than my older 4X4 Toyota... But I will keep it running cuz I like walking around w/empty pockets-

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
<<<<< Flip Over Read Directions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals