• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello from Maine

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Figured I'd finally sign up since Ive been reading this site for awhile. Ive gleaned alot of info from this site and I would like to give kudos for those that keep it running.

Im up here in Maine where the winter salt kills your truck and the summer mosquitoes suck your blood. I have 86(parts) and 88 4wd Bronco 2s, and an 87 Ranger 2wd long bed for the road. Im also snagging another 2wd 87 longbed Ranger in a few days for more parts. (cant pass it up for $100) All of them have 2.9s in them and all will start.

My 88 B2 (auto with manual hubs) is one that my step daughter owned and totalled, so it is just for off-road firewood hauling. The running gear is still intact and the frame is solid and straight, so it is perfect for what I use it for. I hacked off the back body along the window line and pulled off the remaining functional door to lighten it up.

My 87 Ranger is the road runner, that is once I get the bugs worked out and rust tended to. Just bought the truck a week ago for $200. Im keeping Bondo in business for now......:icon_rofl: Thought it would make a fitting screen name.

My 86 B2 is a stick with push button 4wd, but the motor is very tired and its my sacrificial lamb for parts.

The other 87 auto 2wd Ranger will also be a parts truck once I drag it home.

See you on the boards. :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hey welcome to TRS! Nice collection ya got goin on... If ya ever want to get rid of any... I'll take em for free...

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey welcome to TRS! Nice collection ya got goin on... If ya ever want to get rid of any... I'll take em for free...
Hey Im stockpiling as many as I can get Chance. LOL

Thanks for the welcome guys. (better late than never LOL)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals