• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need solid info for beam conversion

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, I'm looking for some solid info for a beam conversion on my expo.

Basically I'm heavily tossing around the idea of getting rid of my ranger prerunner and building my expo. But before I commit to anything I need some solid info regarding beam and crossmember differences between a 2wd beam ranger and a 4x4 ttb expo.

What I'm looking to do is scrap the ttb on the expo and and slap on some bent and extended ranger beams, extended radius arms and coilovers.

I've been reading all the post I can find between here and dezert rangers but I haven't been able to track down solid info.

The majority of what I've been reading says that the ranger passenger beam will not clear the crossmember. Is this the case? If so, I have no problem trimming it down if it's just a little, but much more than a shave and I'd rather not.

Supposedly the passenger beam mount on the expo is 1.5" closer to the driver side frame rail than the 2wd ranger. Is this correct?

Thank you for any input.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I finally got around to pulling my spare ranger beams out of storage and eyeballed the passenger beam directly underneath the passenger d35 beam on my expo. The beams definitely have different characteristics as far as bends go but I do believe they will mount right up. At most I may have to shave the lip on the crossmember just a touch. It was kind of hard to tell how they matched up lengthwise but they were definitely close to the same.

I got to thinking about it and most of the other post I have been reading may have been refering to 2wd expos. There was multiple mentions of the passenger beam tucking inside the crossmember along with the driver beam but my d35s are definitely not set up like that.

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After doing some more searching and reading the difference from the exploders and the rangers is between the 2wd versions of each. All 4wd parts are interchangable between the two.

The more specific question I have now is, what are the differences between the 4wd and 2wd engine crossmembers and beam mounting brackets on the ranger aside from the 4wd's having a factory 2" drop bracket beam mount?

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just took a minute while closing up the shop at work and threw my exploder on the lift and took and look at the beams again.

Driver beam appears to be a direct bolt in. If anything it may be about and inch shorter that the 35's. The passenger beam however is about 1.5-2" longer than the 35 beam. It appears that the extra length is incorporated between the radius arm bolt and the beam mount.

Other than that it looks like everything should cycle and clear just fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals