• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 refresh

2old4this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm thinking of doing a refresh, rings, bearings, gaskets, seals... nothing major but I've read that the rockers & pushrods tend to wear excessively. Is there a cure, & does anyone make unproved aftermarket rockers? I'm not lookin to Hot Rod it... well maybe I'll put in a mild cam. Just lookin to refresh and remove any weak links.

Thanks
Pat

Stranger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
How many miles on the momo? Probably don't need to refresh rings, bearings, but gaskets and seals are possible. The rockers and pushrods do tend to wear excessively however, the only thing it really causes is a annoying tick. And you might hear a tick now, but its probably your injectors, a pushrod tick/tap will normally appear once the motor is warm. I believe its deltacam that sales hardened pushrods and arms to replace the stock ones. If your not gonna "hot rod" it, don't F**k with a cam. My pushrods were noisey for 2 years, and when I finally replaced the motor, for really no reason at all just to do it because I had a lower mileage spare, neither one ran any different, just more quiet. FWIW

2old4this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have 170,000 and it's leaking everything from everywhere, wrecking my driveway! Maybe I'll just clean it up and put a gasket & seal kit in...oil pump...water pump...?

Stranger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Rear main, front crank pulley seal (if needed), valve cover gaskets. Replace oil pump if its bad, same goes for the water pump. If it aint broke, dont fix it

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If they are still around, deltacam.com used to have hardened push rods and improved rockers. They were not too bad $ wise.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals