• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Koda's Bronco II

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing interesting happened with the project today. Just changed out all the speakers with ones I had laying around. 4x6 Sony xplod speakers up front (that was interesting to fit) and whatever size the stock ones are in the back in pioneers that I yanked from the Ranger before it went to the scrap yard. Sounds alot better. I'm thinking about getting one of those retro head units that have a AUX/USB in the back and a flip down front for CD's. I think a newer stereo would look out of place on this dash.

Couldn't you fab up a bracket similar to that and mount it onto the angled flat area directly above the tail light? I seem to recall access can be had behind there for some screws w/nuts if you remove the tail light housing.
Should provide acceptable performance with it mounted there (at least as long as the antenna is tall enough that 60% or more of it's height is above your roof).
That's where I planned on putting it, The hatch has a slight ridge where it catches anything I mount there. That's kind of how I had it on the Jeep, I think I used one of the tail light bolts for a mounting bolt, and then slapped two tek screws in for the other three. I need to get my work bench cleaned off so I can get to my vice and see if I can bend something well enough to curve around the hatch lip.

Rustbucket350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you want more lift, rockauto has a wholesale closeout sale on moog cc822 (F150) coil springs. I got them for 45 bucks or so shipped and gave me a solid 5 inches of lift with a stripped engine bay and a 4.0. You'd have to do more than the springs to align it but it's a good deal.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you want more lift, rockauto has a wholesale closeout sale on moog cc822 (F150) coil springs. I got them for 45 bucks or so shipped and gave me a solid 5 inches of lift with a stripped engine bay and a 4.0. You'd have to do more than the springs to align it but it's a good deal.
I already have a pieced together kit that would net me about 4" of lift from my Ranger project that got scrapped. I'm just trying to figure out what direction I'm going with this still. lol

Should be picking up a EB D44 tomorrow if I can stay awake after work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals