• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hey Yall :D

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Rockford? I was just down there for a super bowl party. started out in the morning at the Swithoid Club for Herring breakfest and bloody marys. Been down there 8 times in six months. Used to live right next to the Flying "J" (?) before it was built. Bought several things from Loves Park Auto and Abe's. You take orders? I sure can make up a wish list.
Dave
We do take orders. we dont deliver tho. :/ just starting out. & if we cant find it we have 3 other yards we can get parts from so if you want the companys number then just ask :) depressing tho we have 6 rangers sitting in the yard at the moment. :(

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I might have to make a trip to Rockford for some parts! I'm looking for the 1500 63" leaf spring swap also. Keep us posted on the build :icon_cheers:
where you from Weldone27? & ya we are just getting on our feet kinda hard starting from scratch tho. my brother is the manager & he has busted his ass from the beginning. he finally hired me cause of business. the actual owner said that its awesome i know cars & it helps that im goregous so they use me as eye candy. since i started working there they say buisness has picked up a ton! :) then you get the pricks that are sexist & think i dont know my parts. ive been helping my brother build derby cars since i was about 9. worked in the junkyard field for about 2.5 years. & i love it. :)

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
$800 and rust free?? Man that was a steal!!! I paid $1300 for mine and thought it was a good deal and I had to completely gut the interior. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever had the displeasure of sitting in and the cab corners are rusted through into the extended cab. I am getting ready to order the 4.88s. I want the extra low end grunt for pulling a trailer and possible larger tires in the future. Good luck on the build!
oh shitty.. & ya there is a little bubbling over the exhaust but caught it in time. Frame is mint. I just undercoated & oiled it so the mud doesnt do more damage cause im definitley gonna be wheelin no doubt about that. mine the interior was mint only bad thing was had to replace driver seat cause the guy i bought it from took it on some long trips a few times & damn you could tell. the seat was fitted for his ass not mine. haha so i went to work pulled one out on my lunch & bam new seat! :)

Weldone27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0x2 dead / 5.0 awaiting
Transmission
Automatic
where you from Weldone27? & ya we are just getting on our feet kinda hard starting from scratch tho. my brother is the manager & he has busted his ass from the beginning. he finally hired me cause of business. the actual owner said that its awesome i know cars & it helps that im goregous so they use me as eye candy. since i started working there they say buisness has picked up a ton! :) then you get the pricks that are sexist & think i dont know my parts. ive been helping my brother build derby cars since i was about 9. worked in the junkyard field for about 2.5 years. & i love it. :)
I'm from East Peoria, Sounds like you have the perfect set up to build a sweet truck. Not to mention being in a male dominat field, I'm sure customers are surprised to see a female. Flaunt it if you got it haha :yahoo:

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm from East Peoria, Sounds like you have the perfect set up to build a sweet truck. Not to mention being in a male domit field, I sure customers are surprised to see a female. Flaunt it if you got it haha :yahoo:
Hahah I deffinitley do. The younger guys stare at me the whole time like uhmm she actually knows what shes talking about? helps im not ugly either haha. I usually gotta ask about chevy shit but I know my fords. Grew up around them. So I know most shit. With chevys never really liked them. There motors are only really good for demo derbys cause I do admit they can handle a beating. Haha

Vanessa

Mrs. TRS
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Welcome to the TRS! You will learn so much here!

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the circus!

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, I do to. Its for sale for the right price. lol
haha. im never gonna sell mine. its my baby. i just got a 6 in lift & some 2in spacers & getting a 2 in body lift. :)

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
NO!! skip the body lift. I think there ugly and pointless but to each there own.

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
NO!! skip the body lift. I think there ugly and pointless but to each there own.
meh. ive seen a few that dont look to bad. i just think 8 in suspension lift is a bit much by it self ya know? i wanna fit some 37s under it :)

SeanWilson

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i did a straight ( no bl) SAS using a dana 30 and 4’’ toyota pickup leaf springs from a early 80’s pickup. i got 43 1/2” from the ground to the top of the wheel well. all suspension no body, i could stuff 37’s all day! and maybe just trim the corners so the bottoms wider.

and im using a 3” shackle to do it, i also had a 6” long one, and had 45” to the wheel well. so you dont need a body lift to rock 37’s.

Oh rawrrediffer86, BTW do you have any manual shift Tcase’s in your scrap yard? like a 1350 or a 1354?

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i did a straight ( no bl) SAS using a dana 30 and 4’’ toyota pickup leaf springs from a early 80’s pickup. i got 43 1/2” from the ground to the top of the wheel well. all suspension no body, i could stuff 37’s all day! and maybe just trim the corners so the bottoms wider.

and im using a 3” shackle to do it, i also had a 6” long one, and had 45” to the wheel well. so you dont need a body lift to rock 37’s.

Oh rawrrediffer86, BTW do you have any manual shift Tcase’s in your scrap yard? like a 1350 or a 1354?
hmmm. i might have to look in to that. & haha we did at my sister yard. BUUUT sorry i picked it up. hah. sorry dude. we might have another one. i can look.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals