• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission going? 2000 Ranger 3.0 Auto

gandl2123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
2000 Ranger XLT Sport 3.0 Automatic. 2 weeks ago after noticing fluid milkyness (water) I changed out radiator and took to Jiffy Lube where they pushed/sucked/ran 14qts out of the truck and pumped in 14qts of new. Fluid looks normal now. About this time I had an intermittent (1 or two times a month) clunk after a 5 to 10 sec delay when I put it in Drive. Vehicle would not move..OH NO! moment. Then would slam into gear, even if RPMs were at idle. Yesterday, put it in D and would not go into gear, slam or anything. Backed my way down the street as reverse works great, to get back into yard. Also, figured out that D is like neutral, 1st gear will just barely roll truck on flat surface and slipping badly. Placed into 2nd position and car makes the normal engagement feeling/sound and pulls off at what seems to be a normal pace. As you are accelerating out, at 35-40 just slip it into D and the truck goes to 3rd and overdrive and then final lock up with no problems, no slipping and pulls normal. Stop at a stop sign and if you leave the trans in the D position, you are not going anywhere. Slip into 2nd and take off fine. WTF? Help. I do not want to do a trans swap if I can do something with valve body or something with electronics...any suggestions. Come on now, it is 2013. Please post your response and if it is easier for you (it is for me) just drop me a text or call: 706-825-7180. I live in Augusta, GA. Tks Not really worried about my cell being out there..it is easy to block a bad caller or prankster. Tks Post your answer here so we can help others too with same problem but if it's not too much, I would love to discuss your answer with you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals