• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Switching from Automatic to Manual Hubs

Ranger_Pat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6-4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 4x4 V6-4.0L and the automatic hubs have gone out again for the second time. So this time I am going to install some manual locking hubs instead. Was going to buy a used pair hubs instead of new, is there any particular question or information that I need to know when buying a used set of Dana 35 manual locking hubs?

Ranger_Pat

yostyexplorer94

Solid Axle Swap
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Always use the search function before posting a new topic. There is over 10 years of topics on a 96 ford ranger that 9.9999999999 times out of 10, it has been covered before.

In the menu bar at the top of this page there is a link that is labeled Tech Library that is full of more knowledge than anyone could more than likely ever need.

Here are two links that you need that are in the tech library section. link 1link 2

Also if you have any other questions about the swap just let me know especially if you buy those hubs I have for sale! Good Luck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals