• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Steering hose sensor? Which hose?

italdominican

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi guys, my 1996 Ranger is getting me crazy...

I searched the forum but I did not find, so I ask:

I'm trying to solve many problems, now it's the steering leaks time:

The leaks is at the steering hose, the one that start just on the side of the reserve oil: It's definitely the O-Ring inside the nut, so I need to replace the hose, BUT:

I'm in Dominican Republic and I bought this truck used: the hose was broken leaking very much, so I brought to a car repairer and they repaired the hose changing the rubber part.
In the metal part of the hose, near the steering gear, there was a soldered sensor socket, with a sensor in it, I don't know which sensor is this.

Now I want to buy a completely new hose (because is still leaking from the inside nut Oring ) and I have 2 problems:

1) I don't see any sensor "socket" in the spare hose I should buy...

2) There are 2 different hose, I don't know which one I should buy because mine is not original...

one is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powercraft-71878-Power-Steering-Pressure-Hose-NEW-/280793944769?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Ford|Model:Ranger|Year:1996&vxp=mtr&hash=item41609f92c1#ht_500wt_1024

and here is the othe one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDELMANN-80085-Steering-Return-Hose-/200717636423?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Ford|Model:Ranger|Year:1996&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ebbb41347#ht_1248wt_931

I need the one which connect on the side of the oil reservoil... and... I don't see any sensor socket solderet to both...

If possible, help me please.

Thanks a lot.

Alberto

italdominican

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, solved: the 1996 Ford Ranger 2.3cc has a pressure sensor on the steering hose:

When the eingine is running low (when parking for example) the steering pressure go down and the sensor tells the engine to run much faster to provide the correct steering pressure. The sensor switch off the air conditioning system for the same reason when needing more steering pressure.

Ok. I will try a different solution: se sensor is solded to the hose, it costs 70$.
I have so many things to fix on this truck I will try to fix by some ribbons plastic or sylicone... let's try!

Bye.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need the pressure hose. You cant see where the pressure switch is in the picture.

I just did this last week but I replaced the pressure hose. the switch. and the return hose for 55.00 total US.

Let me know if you would like for me to get some parts for you and send them to you... I can take a paypal payment. I have no idea what shipping would cost to the Dominican Republic . But i would think a lot cheaper than you paying for the parts there or e-bay

Bryan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals