• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cargo

Redneck Youth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ok, im trying to find some things on here about my springs in the back, and im just wondering if anyone knows the cargo capacity of my truck... i mean the most you could put in there and still drive it... my door sticker says i have "tc" springs... whatever that means...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
You talking legal cargo weight or the max the truck will handle or the most it will handle without risking trashing the springs?

For legal weight, just take it to a local supply yard or scrap yard that has a scale and ask them if you can put your truck on there an get a weight, subtract from your GVWR and you have it.

The most you can put on the truck without trashing the springs would probably be no more than 1,000#

The most the truck will handle.... well..... I had a ton and a quarter on my Ranger before.... I also needed new springs after a couple times of that.... so I custom built some heavy-duty packs after that until I got an F-150 to handle regular work duties (and I put modified 3/4 ton springs under that, lol).

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd say 1000 is a safe bet.

Although my springs are about flat and my rear shocks are shot. The previous owner removed the overload spring and I had 300lbs of sand in the back.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals