• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cargo light?

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a '95 ranger xl, with the third brake light, i dont have the built in cargo light. but i want one! has anyone ever put one in a truck without one? is the wiring harness already set up to put the cargo light in? where is the switch located on a ranger with a stock cargo light? im sick of grabbing something nasty or painful by accident in the back of my truck in the dark.:temper:

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a '95 ranger xl, with the third brake light, i dont have the built in cargo light. but i want one! has anyone ever put one in a truck without one? is the wiring harness already set up to put the cargo light in? where is the switch located on a ranger with a stock cargo light? im sick of grabbing something nasty or painful by accident in the back of my truck in the dark.:temper:
i dont think the wiring is there for the cargo light, but u could always pull ur third brake light and have a looksee, its why i love my 87, no third brake light and built in cargo light LOL

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im always afraid im going to grab a opossum sleeping in the dark back there, theyre everywhere out here. and nasty animals!

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
^ +1! Possums are nasty critters indeed.

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^x2!
their everywhere around here!thats why everytime one of them critters is in the road BAM!!i hit that sucker

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lift it high enough and they wont be able to get back there, and dont throw empty beer cans and shit of that nature back there, if u use it for a trash can they will go in it, dont give them any reason to be back there.....i started doin this one day after my truck had been sittin for a month and i goto my truck and i got a family of squirlles livin in the back....

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BTW, three years later..... the wiring harness was there, finished it about 2years ago, lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals