• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda b3000 1994

Mr Difficult

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Whats up? I have 94 mazda b3000, evertime i go to drive it sounds like my u joints are going, but how can i be sure?

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Could you be feeling the slip-yoke? (search on that term)

If it's an auto, have a helper put it into drive and reverse (holding the brake) as you lay beside it on the ground, looking at each u-joint and observing the clunk. Real easy if you can drive one side up on ramps. Same method for a stick, just trickier. Set the parking brake!

Mr Difficult

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
mMr Difficult

Thanks i will give it a try.

kdowney50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Tell me more . . .

Why do you think its the u-joints? What is it doing to make you think that? Sit right down and tell us allllllll about it.

Mr Difficult

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Everytime when i start to drive in frist gear it makes a clunking sound, but thats the only gear. I just put in a new tranny it only has 2500 km on it. I don't konw what else it could be. It's a 94 m b3000.

kdowney50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have a manual or automatic transmission? How many miles on the vehicle?

Tell me . . .when driving at slow speeds, in heavy traffic, (10-20 mph) does the truck seem to buck when you accelerate, and then buck again as you lift off the gas? Does it feel as if there is slop in the drive train? Does this go away at higher speeds, (above 25 mph)?

Keep in mind, the drive train is made up of five major assemblys: (from the engine back they are) Clutch assy, transmission, drive shaft, rear differential (third member), axles. If you have a 4-wheel drive the list will include a transfer case. (a second "transmission" that applies engine torque to the front wheels)

The problem could be wear and lost motion anywhere along this chain of assemblies. Or, it could be the combined effects of several small problems.

In order for us to help, we need to know as much about the vehicle as possible. So. when I say, "Tell us allllllll about it." I mean tell us ALL about it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals