• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

aussie locker ?'s

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
i am looking into getting an aussie locker for 31 spline 8.8 and for my dana 35 front.

i cant seem to find one for the dana 35 front, will a jeep dana 35 fit? even tho its reverse rotation? i dont think it would matter but i want to make sure before ordering.

and does anyone know where is the best place to buy these?

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an aussie in my front and it helps pull the truck through most obstacles, and with the weight of the motor on the front it seems to really grab.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I have an aussie in my front and it helps pull the truck through most obstacles, and with the weight of the motor on the front it seems to really grab.
hey kenny, what front end do you have? ifs or ttb? so you only have one in the front and nothing in the rear?

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^^ kenny is ifs. i was you since you dd that truck i would get the front on for now then get the rear later

jwrezz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, what Downey said, get the front first if you have the shop/ lift to make the install easier. It's great in the front, the rear would just add to the sweetness.

BTW I'm new to the forum. I thought I was already registered, but I wasn't. I'm all over the explorer forum but find this place just as usefull, and distracting too!

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, what Downey said, get the front first if you have the shop/ lift to make the install easier. It's great in the front, the rear would just add to the sweetness.

BTW I'm new to the forum. I thought I was already registered, but I wasn't. I'm all over the explorer forum but find this place just as usefull, and distracting too!
haha whats up man, welcome to the site, i have a nice warm 2000 sq ft shop to install it in

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
+1 for front aussie. I got one just in the front of my 85' and its amazing. the rear is still an open diff but as of now that doesn't matter cuz that front locker can handle it all. I go though some stuff like it was nothing and some of my friends that have opens front and rear just peal out and sometimes cant make it. Aussie is a really good locker and pretty cheap compared to some of the lockrites and whatnot- get the aussie you wont be disapointed i promise :icon_thumby:

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a brand new Aussie XD-13527 that was never used. Ill let it go for $220 plus shipping (about $10.70) if you want it. It will be about $265 if you order if from Aussie.com

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I have a brand new Aussie XD-13527 that was never used. Ill let it go for $220 plus shipping (about $10.70) if you want it. It will be about $265 if you order if from Aussie.com
nice, is that for the ttb dana 35? or does it even matter if its for ttb or ifs? i think its the same carrier

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey kenny, what front end do you have? ifs or ttb? so you only have one in the front and nothing in the rear?
Yes, aussie front and open rear, but before I swapped in my disc brake 8.8 I had a 7.5 with a brandy new trac lock so I can say I've experience both and the front feels like it helps more.

nice, is that for the ttb dana 35? or does it even matter if its for ttb or ifs? i think its the same carrier
Different carrier actually.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah you have to have one for a ttb an ifs one wont work

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah its for the TTB dana 35. in my other truck (the one in my sig) i have a lockright up front which is the same thing...all i can say is DAMN that thing pulls me thru some hairy stuff.

course the rear locker helps with that too, but with lockers and 31's i can go places like some spring under, 33 tire wearing, square headlight pc of crap jeep only dreams of going.

sorry jeep owners, i just dont get it. :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals