• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger 347/C6

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
you have to pass emissions?

what style? talk conclusively with your inspectors.

many times you can get by with some aftermarket hi flow cats, with a good tune you can pass with two as they can program the secondaries out and the pcm will not give any flags to the ref as long as they are willing to overlok a few things.

if it runs clean it runs clean....often times they settle for that depending on test type.

Transmarobirdeater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Yea I would really like to have the full exhaust system. As far as emissions in oklahoma go. We do not have inspections. I wanted to retain the full exhaust for added torque. Looks like im goin to have to cut some cats off something and fab up some exhaust. I did pick up some stainless steel BBKs for 100 bucks. The headers are still too small for the world product exhaust ports but oh well its better than nothing. I have a question about the cats. Will the ones that are on my 4.0 sohc work for the 5.0 or are they different. The front 2 anyway. I think it has 3. I wouldnt mind just running single exhaust 2 inlets one outlet. I dont have a lot of room for true dual exhaust anyways. Cats are expensive as hell. Wish i could find a full explorer exhaust system.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i suggest using the explorer head pipes/cats into a single 3-3.5 system from that.

best all around usable performance from my 302 based setups were similar to that.

i had straight pipes out the sides for many years, and it left some very measurable low end on the table, and you need all that you can get with a 5.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghwqEmEGrA&feature=youtu.be

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals