• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

slotting the crossmember for vert mounts

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, ive been looking and reading and am finally starting my 5.0 swap in my 87 , ive been looking at running the vert mounts but cant find any pictures of how people slotted the crossmember, ive tried searching and found nothing, any pics would be great

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
A better, easier option is to use a 2.9/4.0l rubber mount and plates mounted to the engine....

SVT

shortzt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ive heard that but alloy of people say it sits too high, or they wish they would of did yhe vert mounts, but thats just what ive read

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I used custom mounts from james duff. Now mines a 4wd so theyre built taller. I done measurements like paper in box said. Cut and made my notches. When i set my motor the oil pan hit on drivers side. So i cut another notch 1 in higher. It cleared till tranny was installed. Now my bolts stick way down. So i opted with a shim 1/4 steel plate to put between my motor mount and crossmember to give me the clearance for no metal to metal contact. Now i also had to add a piece of 2x2 angle iron to my crossmember on the back of driverside so my motor mount was sitting firmly on metal to give me room for my fan setup. I run mercury sable fan. Same as ford taurus. Its 4 in thick. Now im using a 96 f150 oil pan and fead. That makes a difference when planning. The explorer fead isnt as thick and double sump oil pan fits easier. Everyones setup is different. But check out my build under fants truck. Theres pics of everything. I set my motor atleast 8 times doin the motor install. Set it down. Jack it up. Add this adjust that. Im still learning from small mistakes i made on my build. But the motor mounts have worked awesome. Just wish ida notched 2 inches higher from original notch on driver side for more clearance

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals