• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clearance

gasshead

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
noob here.....

i have a 06 ranger STX planning on a shackle flip next week, guessing 3 inches on the rear. the nose will stay where it is till i can afford drop springs. im running 15 inch rims with the standard size tires but they are offset my 2 or 3 inches. am i going to run into clearance issues with the tires and the fenders in the rear? thats the only thing keeping me from the drop

btw the wheels do stick out past the body about an inch or so

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
well i dont think u will have any clearence issues. and i would wait to lower the rear untill u lower the front also. and dont do coils in front, do dream beams. it will save your alignment angle alot better than doing coils will and it conserves your ride quality.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
He has an 06 - so he has A Arms not beams. But you are right - do both at the same time. Lowering the back will throw off your headlights and you will be blinding everyone. As for the clearance, not sure for 15" wheels, my stockers are 14" and I can take off my 17" Cobras and put stock rims and tires on with no changes.

BTW - Welcome to TRS - take a moment to introduce yourself in the Introductions Thread.

Last edited:

gasshead

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i was thinking about waiting...but its just as easy to re align the lights to be aimed lower. if i do wait itl be a while before i have the money for the fronts too. my goal for the truck is to layframe, so bags are in my future im just looking for a diffrent stance for now thanks guys makes me feel better about trying this

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
heh didnt read 06. yea put control arms on it and rear axle flip. wait to do the rear when u do the front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals