• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 B2 Ignition Lock Cylinder help?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Well the ignition in my b2 locked up today and I cant get the key to go into the cylinder at all now. It started to stick yesterday when starting the truck and I guess something just broke today. Well I have completely stripped off the steering column in my truck then I finally realized all I had to do was punch the little pin underneath and the cylinder would slide out. Well all the videos and instructions I have seen says you must turn the key in the run position. Well my cylinder is locked into the lock position and its not going anywhere. Trying to pry the cylinder resulted in my break the chrome piece off the end and completely destroying the end of the cylinder :icon_rofl:. Well anyways the pin underneath they say you push in wont budge I am guessing because I cant turn the cylinder. Is that pin part of the cylinder or the steering column because tomorrow I am going to drill that pin out some and try to get this cylinder out to replace it. Thanks for any tips guys! :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals