• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sounds/feels like tranny hitting under cab

Billybronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This one has me stumped. Each time I hit a bump in the road it sounds/feels like the transmission is bucking into the floor boards. It doesn't move a whole lot (can't really see the shifter move) but I can feel it in my feet. I climb under there and found an area that has about 3/4 inch clearance from the top off the tranny to floor board. I replaced the tranny mount a couple of days ago. Everything else on the truck works fine, runs like a champ. Any ideas? I open to any help.

1988 Ford Bronco 2
2.9 5 speed 2wd

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Check your motor mounts as well. A worn mount can cause everything to 'pivot' and make all sorts of headache.

S-

Billybronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That was my next thought as well. Just glanced at them they didn't look to bad, didn't pry up on them yet. Thought about just shooting some expandable foam near the top of the tranny if motor mounts don't solve it.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Check your motor mounts for sure.

.....and as a common courtesy, don't make multiple threads on the same subject. It makes it really difficult and frustrating for you to get help.

1986bronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
had a similiar problem on my b2 last yr. thought i needed the drivers side motor mount but that wasne the case at all. theres a bracket that bolts to the side of the block that has 3 bolts to hold it in place. over time these bolts can vibrate loose and fall out. if this is the case with yours a quick fix would be to pull 3 bolts outta the front of ur power steering setup. the trhead pattern is the same as the bolts that attach the bracket to the block. then simple go to the local hardware store and buy new bolts for a few bucks and put then into ur power steering set up. mine did this and when tryin to get movin on a hill the motor and trans would twist so bad the the intake would smack the under side of the hood and the throttle linkage would come off the intake. which is never good especially when sitting in traffic during the rush hrs. it tends to upset a person or 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals