• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rims and Tires. On road and off road plus winter setups.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys, im loving how easy it is to get answers to things around here and im wondering about rims and tires now. im looking for a great set of either offroad or winter tires for my 2wd during winter months. i've never driven a truck in the winter before and up here in canada it can get pretty nasty.

for winter im gonna use the stock 15 by 7 rims my truck came with, and the best tires for snow and ice grip.

for summer im looking for some rims and tires, probably around 18". i dont wanna end up with that look of the rims that are too small for a truck, but i dont wanna cram 22's under there either. if anyone knows of setups, has setups, is looking for the same info as me, or has found solutions to these questions could you let me know? also if you know of a good place in the toronto area, that would be fantastic! :headbang:

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
tirerack.com is your friend when it comes to finding tires, you can compare multiple tires side by side.

OEM mustang rims fit and look great, can be found used in jy or on cl.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I'm in the same vote for the winter part of it. I've been looking at the Goodyear Duratrac's. I know a few people that have em and they say they are amazing in the snow, I have one buddy that has em on his 2wd Ranger and says he wont use any other tire. I've read a lot of good reviews on them to, pretty sure I'm going with them asap. You can get them at Crappy Tire for about $200 per tire, and thats for a 31"x10.5 15. The 235/75/15 goes for about $180 I believe.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in the same vote for the winter part of it. I've been looking at the Goodyear Duratrac's. I know a few people that have em and they say they are amazing in the snow, I have one buddy that has em on his 2wd Ranger and says he wont use any other tire. I've read a lot of good reviews on them to, pretty sure I'm going with them asap. You can get them at Crappy Tire for about $200 per tire, and thats for a 31"x10.5 15. The 235/75/15 goes for about $180 I believe.
cool thanks :)

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
For winter tires I highly recommend the Dean/ Cooper Wintercat STT! I run them on both my Ranger and my girlfriends Sport Trac. They are excellent tires, especially studded!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I 100% agree on studding tires, but stud all four, even on a 2wd.
Richard

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

32x11.50x15 bfg at's!! year round. they work ok on ice and snow.. but than again i have a real moderate climate here year round flagstaff only saw about 144 inches of snow last winter.. so i do ok with sand and a locker in the rear and in phoenix the average this time of year is 105 degrees f with 3-5 inches of rain

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Our winter tires down here aren't in existence, hehe, I hate snow, only seen it twice only been in it once, too may times if you ask me

lindsay_elaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2wd and put on a set of Firestone Winterforce tires last December. They were cheap, just over 400 for four tires mounted, balanced, and a wheel alignment. I live in New England and travel to Canada on a monthly basis, they got me through some crazy snow storms without any issues (couple hours of driving an unplowed wet and icy highway) and I highly recommend them! They ride nice too, I never bothered changing them over for the summer.

hottpotato65

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Rock these

here is wally worlds gift to us as much as i hate to buy from them they are the only ones selling these beasts of a tire

Goodyear Wrangler Authority 245/75/16 ( i went with the 265s) they are 10 ply load range E M+S evil tread 18/32 outta the gate-what a tire for the money! they look great too!

i just bought a pair-the jeep forum loves em

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983159

good luck

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals