• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wiring diagram help!

wildbillwf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just swapped a 4.0 into my 1990 ford bronco ii from a 1992 explorer. Everything was swapped, complete wiring but im stuck on the doors. I need the wiring from 1990 to the 1992 powerwindows/locks but cant find proper color diagrams... meh

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have the 90 stuff, I don't think I have the 92 stuff, but that should be plug and play. The plugs and wire colors should have stayed the same.

wildbillwf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nah, the wiring on the B2 went thru the fenders to the front, over the radiator, the all the way back to the tail end. the explorer went thru the engine bay.. different plugs and colors don't match.. I switched EVERYTHING. From the tail lights to the radiator. there's gotta be somewhere that has the wiring.. All I get is inside the door, but theres a bunch of wires coming out.. Maybe Ill have to switch to manual doors..

zekew64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4, rebuilt from a '91
Transmission
Manual
Did you switch out the wiring for the doors? There could be the off-chance that there is a different style of switch for the doors themselves. What I would do, to trace the wiring from the door, is look in the passenger compartment first, as the wiring for most door chimes is under the dash
These are connected to the little pushbutton switch that activates when you open the door. Also rember that all accessory wiring goes to the passenger compartment fuse panel (not the underhood fuse panel).

Having said that, you may have to remove the doors from the vehicle and use a helper to try and trace the wire harness from the door frame to where it goes either: A) into the passenger compartment, or B) into the engine compartment before going into the passenger compartment. You'll need the second body to tell you which wires are what, if you choose to use the 'tug' method (tracing the wires by tugging on them, then watching which wires move elsewhere).

Hope this helps.

PS: Wiring diagrams for '90 should be the same for the '92.

Patriot1776

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a Haynes or Chiltons book that has all the wiring diagrams from early 80's to mid 90s for the rangers, explorers, and bronco IIs. Now I will just have to go dig it out to see which one it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals