• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave cylinder went out. Fuuunnn

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Lost the slave cylinder yesterday just as I got to my destination, 80 miles from home. Slave cylinder gushes from the wheep hole at every pedal pump. I was able to get outta downtown denver with only 1 clutch application and back into my town with another 2.

Boy howdy, how I can't wait to do this job.

Of all the ways to breakdown, this was about as good as it gets haha. Also, my buddy towed my f150 about 6 blocks with is 1.6L fiesta. That was a good picture haha

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bummer :sad:

External clutch slaves didn't last as long but were easier to change

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, i'd take an external slave any day

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
If anyone is still listening, I just replaced the clutch and slave/tb, and its not feeling right. The pedal feels fully bled, in that, the pedal is firm with the hydraulic line disconnected, and prying between the tb and clutch fingers is tight. I've gone through bleed procedure about 6 times since the I plugged the line back in. The pedal feels a lot easier than it did with the last clutch, and it releases way at the end of the pedal. With my arm I feel the consistent spring back force all the way through the pedal, but it does feel like anything with my foot.

My book said 20-29 ft-lbs for the pressure plate, and I did 10 than 20 and stopped there as the bolts felt tight.

Do I need to tighten it down more?

I drove it to work this morning, it feels ok... Seems to shift gears well enough, but theres no feel to the pedal. And the end of the pedal grab I don't like. The clutch was the M-PACT 07097ST1 on rockauto, with which has almost a full face of material. The old one had only had about a 1 inch ring of material around the outside.

Also, I noticed with my foot on the brake, it starts to pull the idle down at about 3/4 and I can bring it to a stall, but again, it's like there's nothing there.

I've never had a clutch feel like this

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Haven't made any changes, about 500 miles in, no troubles. Huh.

adam762

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i used a slave cylinder i got from Rock Auto in mine when I did it last spring. It certainly did feel different! Smooth and effortless. Took a bit to get used to the new 'feel' but I'm 6 months in and it's been peachy for a while. It just felt like it released differently.

Last edited:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
When we changed out the bad M5OD, We used a rhino pack pre bled clutch slave and master from RockAuto. We did not replace the clutch and flywheel because there was plans to change the engine out but the engine runs so darn good and doesn't use very much oil so that may have been a mistake. This pedal feel is right at the top and only takes a slight pressure to disconnect but there is pressure all the way to the floor so my assumption is it's a very worn clutch disc, I don't like that it requires quite a bit muscle and I hope that will change with a new clutch someday

Last edited:

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, mine seems to have settled in. Actually, it feels better than the old one the PO had in there. I like it. It definitely felt really light, but now that my leg is dialed in to it, it feels good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals