• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Donald Trump For President!

Do you think Donald Trump could win the Presidency?

• Yes

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Donald Trump announced that he's running for President as a republican.

I'm tired of all the politicians. I'm tired of people that vote for candidates solely based on their political party.

Trump's already got money and power. I feel like he's a man running for President simply because he's tired of the way politicians keep screwing the country up.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Can't really say. Voting for Trumph because of who he is, probably not. Voting for Trumph because a Democrat/Clinton (especially that bitch) is the other choice, definitely.

Trumph doesn't seem to be running for money or fame, he's got plenty of both. You are right it seems like he's in it because he thinks he can do the job better than what we've got. At this point the country is basically a large business and it would certainly seem that he can run a business, not to mention he could write a check to cover most of the national debt if he choose to do so. The biggest issue will be how he stacked things to benefit his own interests, not that any other president wouldn't do the same to some extent.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
From a Northern point of view, looking South...I don't think Trump will win...he wears a piece and it doesn't look good on him making people not trust him. I don't think it is to keep his head warm...it is a vanity thing and, if you look back at the long list of US Presidents...none of them were bald...

Except maybe Ben Franklin and a few others over the years when the opponent had an undesirable track record...

Obama wasn't bald but you could see his natural hairline...if Hilary Clinton were bald she might win because it only affects male candidates...Donald Trump also makes funny faces when he talks...maybe his hair is real...but people look at the hair, face and then body of their leader...hand, eye, and body gestures say more than the spoken word.

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I must have missed that history lesson...Ben Franklin was a President?

Ray

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
"The Donald" fits the standard political profile, "failed businessman", so should do well if he set his sites a little lower, maybe senate or congress for a few years to get a little credibility, and experience in political babbling, then run for president.

Simply failing in business doesn't make you a good politician, but is seem to help, and with 4 bankruptcies under his belt you can bet he has that "gift of gab" to get more OPM(other peoples money) to start over again.
But I don't think he has the will power to "shut up" on some subjects, an honest politician may sound like an oxymoron but it isn't, you can be honest and tactful, i.e. political babble, I don't think he has the tactful part down, he will say things that are true and honest but it will cause him to be an "also ran" in this race.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
He sounds good on the late night shows, but I think he could make a good living selling snowcones to Eskimos too...

Kinda like the guy we have, smooth talker. I don't trust smooth talkers...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Nope!!! And more, 'Hell, No'!!!!!!! The guy is a complete moron who thinks he is rich and that money can buy him power.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
The man has an "I'm better then you attitude", that is absolutely not what we need as a president. What we need (and won't ever get, as long as people just keep voting for their party because "I'm a Republican or I'm a Democrat".) is a president who works for us, someone who actually cares about the people. We need to remind all those A-holes who they work for. While we're at, throw all the corporate lobbyists out of Washington. Then maybe we can fix some core issue that are wrong in our government.
NONE of our elected officials give a rats ass about the people... They just want to keep enough people just happy enough to reelect them.

Vote for me. :icon_thumby:

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It should be a crime to go from government/political position to being a lobbyist.

Ray

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I must have missed that history lesson...Ben Franklin was a President?

Ray
OK, OK, he was the President of Pennsylvania...and...he was one of the Fumbling Fathers who played on the US Senators Football team and helped turn all the states into one of paranoia...or something like that...

But he was bald on top so maybe that's why he didn't try to be POTUS...

If you look at guys like Abe Lincoln, John F Kennedy, and a few others who lost their lives doing this job I wouldn't even run for the position...who needs to get shot at just for running a country?

grumpyguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am not an American citizen so I have no right to comment on your elections. What I will say is in all my years I've only met one politician that I wouldn't want to kick in the balls. They are self serving corporate whores who care nothing for the people.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
It is very possible because this country in full of dipshiots.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Dwight D.Eisenhower could have been called "cue ball " Ike was probably the most competent leader the US has elected. Jeb Bush looks good right now. The rest of the field doesn't impress me.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
who needs to get shot at just for running a country?
I can think of an answer for that, but since the first amendment is gone I better keep my mouth shut.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Dwight D.Eisenhower could have been called "cue ball " Ike was probably the most competent leader the US has elected. Jeb Bush looks good right now. The rest of the field doesn't impress me.
True, but Ike was the last bald headed man to be elected...and that was a long time ago...so Trump needs to flip his wig to win big...

I can think of an answer for that, but since the first amendment is gone I better keep my mouth shut.
Yeah, I keep forgetting about these little things...last time I made a comment about your President was several years ago...and I think it had something to do with things we can't discuss without arousing the SS or the Gestapo...

I won't make any more comments...today...but you guys are in for one wild ride before the election even gets close...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals