• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a4ld

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
I put a shift kit into my a4ld valve body. I found that one pan bolt hole is stripped and another is stripping. I guess someone before me over did the torque. I guess I'll have to put a Heli coil in or drill and tape to next bigger size. The kit does help but the a4ld still must be rebuilt. I also brazed in a drain plug. The brazing looked so good, but it leaks. I didn't expect that. Anyway, now it'll be easier to drain and remove to pan to fix it. I thought this would be a simple project, but it wasn't. It was a lot more work and aggravation then I expected. Though I should have expect that since that's the way it always is.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
since that's the way it always is.
Ain't that the truth....
Tho it does make you appreciate the times things go right.

croatankid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I'll do it myself
I want to rebuild this a4ld. I did a valve kit, and installed a drain plug. I can order a super dooper rebuild kit and have that on hand for when I take it out. But I suspect I'll find other things that will need to be replaced. I wonder if I order some things that frequently wear out, in advance, in case I need them, and just return them if I don't. I'd hate to wait a week to get needed parts while my truck is down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals