• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 4.OL 4X4 4R44E Replaced TCC now???

Bigstick1973

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
OK i have a 98 4x4 4.0lL had the flashing OD light. code pulled PO740 for some reason idk if by chance it started right after i replaced the IAC Valve. I replaced the TCC solenoid and filter and fluid. light was not flashing and was shifting very smooth other then from 2nd to 3rd i was getting about a 500 rpm rev before shift. I DRIVE ABOUT 25 miles one way to work. replaced on saturday. got the flashing OD light when i was almost to work this morning. wednesday.
on the way home from work it came back on after only driving 8 miles. i stopped and shut it off and restarted and light was out but again came on after only 8 miles. I did not drop the valve body and replace the gasket. maybe i should have. the trans seems to shift fine and has no slip other then going from 2nd to 3rd. would the gasket be the cause ??? i really don't want to drop the pan again for no reason. also kinda odd it took 3 days for the light to come back. i didn't reset the ecm when i did the TCC swap. should i have?
Thanks for you time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals