• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tcc solenoid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok here it goes again. back to the tcc solenoid

problem; comes on while accelerating, test light proves this theory. the tcc is wire 52 on the main pcm connector. place clamp of test light to positive side of the battery. stick light end into wire. start vehicle, and just shortly after hitting the gas the light will light and stay lit. now ive found that if the key is in the off position the light will remain on. weird. but when you switch to start koeo if shuts off. :icon_confused:

things tried, unplug cruise control module, no change. unplug trans range sensor, no change.

of course if i unplugged the tps or map and most of the sensors under the hood it turns off.

replaced parts; tps, temp sensors, oil pressure sensor, pcm, engine wiring harness, rebuilt trans/motor, new grounds, battery cables, vss and connector, fuel pumps.

im not sure what else to look at. what i can tell you is from looking at the old harness 4 of 5 wires go into the dash from the trans range sensor. 1 wire ties into another that goes to the pcm and had a diode spliced in. or it could be a link of some sort.

so please tell me what to look at. im lost with it now. i do have a .243 that needs a big target. lol jk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
another day wasted trying to solve this issue. my last resort is to rig a toggle. i dont want to but i will if i cant get this fixed.

anybody know what sensors are supposed to make the pcm ground the tcc.

i know so far its throttle position sensor, speed sensor, both have been replaced. is there something else, maybe load barring sensor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals