• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

This is bad....

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It'll make it. You will probably have traded it in by then though.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
dont worry at about 100k miles your whole fuel delivery system will shit out and you will never get it fixed right and you will have the all to classy cheverolet dancing fuel gauge
So thats the reason why some of these customers vehicles says its Empty, then Full, and then Empty again. Wish these danm Chevys' would make up their mind, do I need to fill-up or not. :temper:

Its a good thing I drive a Ford. And for every curse word my dad says about my Ford. At least my Ford doesn't leave me stranded like his Buick and Dodge. :haha:

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Yeah all the people talking crap about fords generally know nothing about them and have never owned one All their arguments are based on something like "my cousin's sister's boyfried's aunt's son had a 92 taurus that had the transmission go out. Therefore all fords are crap."

I don't understand some people's hatred for Ford myself. I have brands I like and dislike. For instance, I like a lot of Fords but really can't think of one Honda that I'd like to drive/own. But I don't have hatred for any make.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah all the people talking crap about fords generally know nothing about them and have never owned one All their arguments are based on something like "my cousin's sister's boyfried's aunt's son had a 92 taurus that had the transmission go out. Therefore all fords are crap."

I don't understand some people's hatred for Ford myself. I have brands I like and dislike. For instance, I like a lot of Fords but really can't think of one Honda that I'd like to drive/own. But I don't have hatred for any make.
Goes for everything. I have went to put gas in my Ranger because it was supposed to go up in price and I was down to a quarter tank left... 7 gallons kicked the pump off and made the gauge read full.

My F-150 occasionally has a gas gauge needle that flicks back and fourth.

My dad has a 1992 GMC 1500, only major problem he has had with it after 16 years is the paint is falling off... Ford and Dodge had that problem too.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
So thats the reason why some of these customers vehicles says its Empty, then Full, and then Empty again. Wish these danm Chevys' would make up their mind, do I need to fill-up or not. :temper:
Meh, my B2 goes down to E then back up to 1/4 tank then back down to E, done it since I've owned it, make no mistake about it, at least in the older years the RBV fuel gauges and sending units were crap.

pontiac_fiero_g

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 pos/2.9
Transmission
Manual
i am a chevy man through and through but i now have a 2002 focus and an 86 b2. fords are generally cheaper to obtain than gm is. and i like 26 mpg city and 35 highway.

Vonrak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I've owned/found good and bad cars of all makes and models. A car or truck is only as good as the maint. that is done to it. What makes a good ride,imo, is not the brand of the vehicle, its the guy turning the wrench to make it that way.

As far as mileage on em goes, If you are buying new,i'd say it would matter.But ifyour buying used, mileage is kinda a mute point. I have seen vehicles with 50k on em and run like crap and I've seen ones with 300K run like brand new.

Vonrak

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I aint worried about repossession, but if i doubled my payments id be payhing 620$ a month...

(I had some rollover from the Crown Vic i traded and my credit is in the pooper, long story)

Anyways though, i creamed a deer with it last nite doing like 45, just a average sized doe, and the truck actually held up pretty decent. No sheetmetal damage at all, just broke plastic shit, i got the deers hindquarts with my driverside front, didnt even break the headlights, just the mounts for them (go figure), and cracked the grille and the chrome looking plastic in the middle.

Good thing i got full coverage.

later,
Dustin

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Well damn, I never figured you would buy a Colorado, Dustin. Then again, it's the only truck currently sold with a 2.9L displacement engine...

That sucks about the deer.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I aint worried about repossession, but if i doubled my payments id be payhing 620$ a month...

(I had some rollover from the Crown Vic i traded and my credit is in the pooper, long story)

Anyways though, i creamed a deer with it last nite doing like 45, just a average sized doe, and the truck actually held up pretty decent. No sheetmetal damage at all, just broke plastic shit, i got the deers hindquarts with my driverside front, didnt even break the headlights, just the mounts for them (go figure), and cracked the grille and the chrome looking plastic in the middle.

Good thing i got full coverage.

later,
Dustin
Dude, I would be slamming a grand a month on it. other wise you will be paying over 26000 back in payments.

camma83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
THis big " "
Transmission
Manual
Ya pay as much to the premium as you can man, It will work out a lot better in the long run. Or start looking for other methods of getting around.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals