• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Ultimate Sleeper

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that Chevy is insane, there is quite a few vids of it on youtube

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry, an old Nova with fat tires isn't much of a sleeper... it is a loose cannon that could very easily go either way.

I had a good friend that raced his '74 in the 1/8th mile, it was in primer for most of high school. He painted it my senior year and is now sporting a big block.

Really the whole sleeper thing is pretty played out, the truck is pretty darn good though...

Here is something of a sleeper, just another boring '11 V6 Mustang right?

Not quite...

Last edited:

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log. Where
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
When I die, I want to go where the dogs are.
That olde chebby pickup was great!! I liked the hatch flying open when he took off!! Nice touch. LOL:icon_cheers:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Yah, they had the link up at my old BMW site. Holy Cow ! The ultimate sleeper. That beast could have 800-900 hoss under that hood. And still have enough room to sit on the fender and wrench. My brother had a green '69 C 10. Guy down the street had a '73 exactly like the one in the video I had a '68 C20 that had a full floating rear end. It was a 307 with a 3 on the tree, and who know how high the axle's gears were. Even with 17.5 bias plys, it skee daddled. A 454 modified race motor would have been a drop in. :D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yah, they had the link up at my old BMW site. Holy Cow ! The ultimate sleeper. That beast could have 800-900 hoss under that hood. And still have enough room to sit on the fender and wrench. My brother had a green '69 C 10. Guy down the street had a '73 exactly like the one in the video I had a '68 C20 that had a full floating rear end. It was a 307 with a 3 on the tree, and who know how high the axle's gears were. Even with 17.5 bias plys, it skee daddled. A 454 modified race motor would have been a drop in. :D
A guy I work with has a 1970's C20 that is just a tad crustier than the one in the original link.

It isn't too much, it has big tires because he got them cheap. While the whole shop was jumping on his bumper to get him out of a snow drift a couple years ago I noticed between the burning oil, burning antifreeze and raging glasspacked 350 it sounded and smelled like we had a real good demo derby going. :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals