• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power steering leaking

shadow11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know how to stop a small leak in the power steering I haven't found the leak yet but i know its pretty small. I cleaned everything off yesterday and I'm going to check it to see if i can find where its dripping from. Don't really want to spend the money to replace the whole power steering if i can help it. Any suggestions would help.

ROBSANTIL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
If the fluid is not tan colored or milky then its not that bad of a leak. after cleaning, give it a few days of driving and check for any wettness. Its a small hosed system so any leak will be around the pump or gear box..

8879ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i had a leak also...mine was leaking from the steering box, and also from the ps pump, where the plastic res. sits on the pump

Sighman

04/2011 & 04/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Check near the pitman arm it seems they leak from the seal in the bottom of the steering box often (like 8879FORD mentioned)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals