• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New from St. Paul, MN

jwinker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
There is no such thing as spare time. No such thing as free time. All you got is life time. Go.
Hey folks, long-time reader, first time writer.

I have owned a 2000 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for about 10 years now. It's getting pretty rusty, but with a little attention here & there, it still runs great and cuts through the winter snow like a mountain goat. At the end of the summer, I was "lucky enough" to install new head gaskets & everything else associated with that job. I've put a few hundred miles on it since then, and it's running great. I think the water pump is starting to seep coolant, so that might be the next topic.

This afternoon, I am going to *LOOK AT* a 2001 2wd/auto Ranger that "needs a new engine" but seems to have a pretty good body. My tailgate & rockers are pretty rusty, so if it runs at all (enough to get into my garage), I might be doing some body work in the near future. Otherwise, I also have an '88 2.3 Lima turbo motor that *COULD* find its way into the 2wd Ranger, if that would make sense.

Also, over Thanksgiving, I just discovered my older brother's 1985 Bronco II is still around our hometown. The 2.8L hasn't run in nearly 20 years (cracked heads), mice have destroyed the interior, but the body is really good. If I do not buy the Ranger today, there is a chance I could drop the 2.3T into the Bronco II, which would be a riot!

I also have a couple of '68 Falcons, a '65 Econoline Pickup, and a pair of motorcycles for fun. I'm also about 1/2-way through law school & my day-job is in Health Information Security for a hospital group in St. Paul.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks everybody!

jwinker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
There is no such thing as spare time. No such thing as free time. All you got is life time. Go.
Well, went to look at the 2wd Ranger, and it's a 3.0 V6, not a 2.5L I4. There was a second truck with a good 3.0V6, but transmission is gone. We tried adding some fluid, and it moved a little, but it's not good. Back to the drawing board...

The Bronco II is still an option! :)

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Welcome to TRS jwinker...

Sounds like you already have a garage full... but... you should make room for that BII.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals