• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flat Earther's

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Yes, just my point of view that when it comes to beliefs, no proof is needed so no disproof will sway the believer, as it should be with any belief
So in all of your entire life, you've NEVER changed someone's beliefs?

Through intelligent and well-informed personal discussions I've changed many people's belief structure, and in some cases I've completely reversed their course, to the point of believing the exact opposite after some additional thought and personal reflection.

I've talked a suicidal person in to not doing anything rash when they honestly believed that there was nothing else left for them on this planet..

I've changed more than one person's beliefs on abortion by using well known facts, and in some cases graphic images..

GB :)

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The climate here in Saskatchewan isn't that much different than North Dakota. You eventually get used to the cold. I walk four or five blocks one way to get my mail. I've been known to walk that when the wind chill is below -20*F, and I barely notice, because I'm dressed for it.

You'd love our summers up here in Saskatchewan, though. Daytime highs average around 80*F, the sun rises at 4:30am, and doesn't set until after 9:00pm.

Our landscape is generally flat, but we do have a number of lakes, river valleys, and even some forests.
Actually, that does sound nice.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So in all of your entire life, you've NEVER changed someone's beliefs?

Through intelligent and well-informed personal discussions I've changed many people's belief structure, and in some cases I've completely reversed their course, to the point of believing the exact opposite after some additional thought and personal reflection.

I've talked a suicidal person in to not doing anything rash when they honestly believed that there was nothing else left for them on this planet..

I've changed more than one person's beliefs on abortion by using well known facts, and in some cases graphic images..

In my younger days I would, I have mellowed :)

I think you are confusing belief with a point of view or a position

Someone who wants to end their pain in life is not a belief, but from a religious prospective it could be argued that NOT committing suicide is a belief.
There is no proof of Hell or that ending your own life means your soul will go to hell or worse, so NOT committing suicide for this reason would be part of a belief.
Committing suicide because you do not believe this is not a belief, its a non-belief, maybe an Atheist, but not sure that can qualify as a belief since there is nothing to prove or disprove, Atheism is about nothing

I will argue on either side of a point of view or position, I enjoy it

Flat Earther's have a belief that the earth is flat, contrary to popular opinion or FACTS
And for those who's beliefs are for the Domed Flat Earth I wouldn't want to "burst their bubble" :)

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I wish Neil Armstrong was still around. I'd love to see someone try to convince him the earth is flat.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
In my younger days I would, I have mellowed :)

I think you are confusing belief with a point of view or a position

Someone who wants to end their pain in life is not a belief, but from a religious prospective it could be argued that NOT committing suicide is a belief.
There is no proof of Hell or that ending your own life means your soul will go to hell or worse, so NOT committing suicide for this reason would be part of a belief.
Committing suicide because you do not believe this is not a belief, its a non-belief, maybe an Atheist, but not sure that can qualify as a belief since there is nothing to prove or disprove, Atheism is about nothing

I will argue on either side of a point of view or position, I enjoy it

Flat Earther's have a belief that the earth is flat, contrary to popular opinion or FACTS
And for those who's beliefs are for the Domed Flat Earth I wouldn't want to "burst their bubble" :)

As I stated earlier, the person I talked out of suicide honestly BELIEVED there was nothing left for them in this world. That's a belief....

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Actually, that does sound nice.
It is. Then again, I'm biased. If you google Tourism Saskatchewan, you can get an idea of what it's like here. Google Maps street view, too.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It is. Then again, I'm biased. If you google Tourism Saskatchewan, you can get an idea of what it's like here. Google Maps street view, too.
I have several times enterained the idea of moving to Alaska or the Northwest Territory.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As I stated earlier, the person I talked out of suicide honestly BELIEVED there was nothing left for them in this world. That's a belief....

I think we have different views on what a Belief is
Believing you are the best person or worst person in the world, to me, is not the same as a belief that the world is flat or North Dakota is the home of the "new world order"

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have several times enterained the idea of moving to Alaska or the Northwest Territory.
I've never been to either, but I suspect that their winters are much colder than winters here. Not to mention darker.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
But the summer days are much longer. In Masset on Haida Gwaii, quite a number of years ago I stumbled out of the bar at closing time, 2:00am. The sun was still up quite high. That was interesting. And Masset isn't even that far north.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I've never been to either, but I suspect that their winters are much colder than winters here. Not to mention darker.
I don't care about dark, I actually detest bright light and often wear my sunglasses even if it is overcast.

I wouldn't mind working light for more hours of the day though.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't care about dark, I actually detest bright light and often wear my sunglasses even if it is overcast.

I wouldn't mind working light for more hours of the day though.
At church yesterday they mentioned next week is daylight savings time already. Sure doesn't feel like it.

I chuckled to myself and though "yay, after work I will be able to move snow in the daylight!"

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
At church yesterday they mentioned next week is daylight savings time already. Sure doesn't feel like it.

I chuckled to myself and though "yay, after work I will be able to move snow in the daylight!"
My wife sprung that on me tonight after dinner. I went on my usual rant about writing angry messages to elected officials trying to get it phased out faster. This time I get the added angry of having been shifting my sleeping schedule so I'm getting up about 5 or 530, so now I'll be waking up at 4.:annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals