• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

General grabber atx review

craveman85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008, 1981
Make / Model
ford, AMC
Engine Size
2.3l, 2.5
Transmission
Manual
My 08 rwd 2.3 regular cab needed some new tires. My driving is 99% road use but maybe 5% of that is dirt or gravel road. I live in an area that gets over 100 inches of snow a year. I think we finished up around 120" last year. In the summer I'm usually launching a boat every other week in very primitive launches. In the fall every available day I'm hunting so I see lots of use in corn fields. They're clay so when they're wet you don't sink much but it's like driving on Crisco. Previously I've had MasterCraft courser CT in 225/75/16, discoverer at3 in the same size, and 2 sets of snows in the same size. Now I have grabber atxs in that size. I think I've got 2000 miles since I put them on and had it aligned. Dry road they're good. I don't lose traction with the 2.3 with any tires. They feel soft though. I've had to noticably slow down in some areas compared to all the previous tires. Even the snows. I've also lost 2.5 mpg over my at3s. I was getting 26+ now I'm 24. My fuel calculations are from my scangauge 2 that I calibrate with a GPS and radar. The tires did seem a half inch bigger than the others and it is getting cooler but I was still over 2 mpg higher. In the rain they're as good as any other tires I've had. Haven't lost traction yet. They are nosier than the coopers but that was expected. In the wet corn field they do better than the other tires I've had. I have yet to use them in snow but these are snow rated in all sizes now. Not just some like the at2s were. I'll probably update this every few thousand miles to share my experiences.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I have the grabber at2's on my 98 4x4. I love them. They pull great in the mud. Wet traction is lacking a little but I do have a 5.0 so that might not help with traction much :D. I have around 30k on them and they look awesome. Very little wear. It doesn't snow down here so I can't say anything on that.

craveman85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008, 1981
Make / Model
ford, AMC
Engine Size
2.3l, 2.5
Transmission
Manual
Ive got about 2500 miles on the atx tires now. I've gotten them stuck once but it wasn't the tires fault. Sunk in some mud and the front tires were buried. They don't do quite as well in the wet clay mud as I hoped they would. They don't seem to clean it out well. Today we got 3 " of snow before I left for work and these tires did awesome in it. Both packy stuff and the slush.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals