• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door lock cylinder retainer clips - what's going on?

DoctorRoboto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
When life gives you lemons, just shut up and eat your lemons.
I've got the door panel open on my 1995 Mazda B3000, because the outside door lock doesn't work. I found that the plastic clip that translates motion from the lock cylinder to the rod (which is completely missing) is broken, as seen in the picture. But I can't find a replacement for this thing, I don't think. The only ones I see have a circle cut in the hub, like the second picture.

Do they still make the clips like what I actually have? Will these other clips work? And what is the connecting rod called, so I can find it to purchase somewhere?

Attachments

DoctorRoboto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
When life gives you lemons, just shut up and eat your lemons.
Okay, since nobody answered this, I figured it out. None of those parts are right. I took the door lock cylinder to a locksmith, and they had a few Ford tail stock pieces. I then went to the hardware store and bought some aluminum rod. I haven't bent it into shape yet, but I'm going to make a replacement lock rod since there wasn't one in there.

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Me, I'd go to a yard and get the needed pieces (they are all the same for years and years). I replaced all that stuff from a yard after getting the door punched. Think they charged me 5 bucks.

It is a lot easier to get it reassembled with the rod already in place in the cylinder.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals