• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Magnetic Mic

94b2300ranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3l is out! 4.0l is in!!!
Transmission
Manual
So i upfit emergency vehicles, and a new product came on the market. Iv'e been kicking myself in the ass for not thinking about it first. A magnetic mic. These things use a strong magnet, to hold your mic in place. Something to look into for all you Radio guys.

Here's the link to their website. Enjoy.

https://magneticmic.com/

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I'm trying to figure out a mike holder solution that keeps the dang mic cords from hanging in the way.

I have my radios mounted on a shelf-it storage shelf that mounts where the factory sun visors go, so the mic cords are hanging down in the way most of the time. Unfortunately I have yet to find anything useful that keeps them up out of the way when not being used, but easily pull out when using the radio then retract when finished.

The magnet is fine but doesn't do anything for cable management unfortunately :(.

Plus the $35 for a magnet is ridiculous. Should be able to get some magnets at a hardware store and some 3m tape for a heck of a lot cheaper and serve the same purpose LOL. Great concept but not economical.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals