• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

VSS help????

89sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I need to find the other end of the vehicle speed sensor, I have traced it from the tail end of my tranny up to the loom and lost it from there. Anyone know where it goes?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
into the vehicle main wiring harness and eventually to the PCM...

what are you trying to accomplish?

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
that big box on your firewall with all those wires coming out of it :) haha. you didn't answer wicks question tho.

89sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
that big box on your firewall with all those wires coming out of it :) haha. you didn't answer wicks question tho.
Haha thats what i was thinking but i know the newwer than mine rangers go into the cab so was just making sure.

and I have a cruise control module and was going to add in the explorer ohc and they both ask for the vss wire. Didn't know if i could just go into the vss after the little black connector on the firewall between the sensor and the pcm, and or which wire to go into.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you can tap into the VSS wire anywhere along its length. my manual only goes back to '91, but it says the signal wire is the grey wire with black stripe. the pink wire with an orange stripe is ground. if all else fails you can probe the wires with a DVOM to see which one is ground.

89sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you can tap into the VSS wire anywhere along its length. my manual only goes back to '91, but it says the signal wire is the grey wire with black stripe. the pink wire with an orange stripe is ground. if all else fails you can probe the wires with a DVOM to see which one is ground.
LOL it figures - there are 2 wires coming out of the actual sensor (green/white and orange/yellow) but when it gets to the connector on the driverside firewall there is also a pink/black wire with it. The bad thing is all my electrical tools are sitting in the back of my my buddys 67 camaro who is outta town for 2 weeks.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
they must have changed the colors on gen2 trucks then. youll have to get a test light or DVOM on the case. the wire you want is the one that isnt grounded.

89sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
they must have changed the colors on gen2 trucks then. youll have to get a test light or DVOM on the case. the wire you want is the one that isnt grounded.
sweet looks like i'll wire up my ohc and light tonight then. Just went out and noticed my cruise control wires are all in box so can't do that tonight. hmmm wonder if my buddy would noticed a kicked in door :icon_rofl:

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Cool man, let us know how it goes. BTW looks like orange/yellow is ground. good luck. :icon_thumby:

89sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Cool man, let us know how it goes. BTW looks like orange/yellow is ground. good luck. :icon_thumby:
Thanks for all the help i got the ohc in and wired up i did pull a goof with the rear 3 light dome light. The holes lined up for the bracket 1 way and i didn't test it out till it was already in and that but its upside down. :bawling: that doesn't matter though i got enough lights in the cab now to spot a deer 1000 yards away well maybe not that far but going from 1 winkydinky dome light to 3 lights in the rear and then the ones in the ohc oh and lighted visors its nice. :yahoo:

I will post up some pics in the interoir section sometime Thursday.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im glad and somewhat surprised that people are actually doing the 3-bulb dome light upgrade.

i wrote the writeup in the tech library on the subject :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals