• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 ranger 5.0 swap

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys will my stock 2.3fuel pump work with the 5.0 or will I need to buy a mustang pump?

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Quick question guys how do I wire up the explorer computer is there a write up?

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Whats up guys still wiring my truck up not really any updates i need pictures plus photobucket dont work no more im hating

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I use google photos. Then there's a website to convert the pictures into a generic link that can be posted here. I use it and it works well. Free too

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update guys..... Got that bitch running!!! Did the exhaust last week. Its the stock expo headers to 2 cats and X pipe and a dual in to dual out muffler it sounds beefy. Kinda hating i would of liked thos tri y headers but i have P heads and the autofab mounts are crazy closetothe frame. Im also reusing the stock fan but i will swap it out later for an electric im tight on money right now

Also i have a quick question. How do you guys relocate the stock fuel filter, its suuuuuper close to my exhaust piping.

I will upload pictures when i get something to upload them with ima try google pictures like blackwidow said

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Did i mention IM STUPID PUMPED!!!! Cant wait to hit the car shows

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Question for the v8 guys. Recently i noticed my tie rods scrapped my oil pan pretty bad its not leaking but it looks sick. Has anybody been through this before, any fixes?

Coldair

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you end up installing the 4r70w or did you go with a 5 speed?

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes sir i just used the 4r70w no money for a 5 speed or clutch for it either haha the 4r70w works fine tho shifts smooth no problems. Hating tho i dont have the funds for the 5 speed tho my trucks originally 5 speed

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Whats going on guys quick question. My driveshaft yoke leaks oil from the trans output. I hqve my ranger shaft shortened but the yoke is too small can i go to the junkyard and grab one from an explorer d swap it to my drivehshaft?

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whats going on guys quick question. My driveshaft yoke leaks oil from the trans output. I hqve my ranger shaft shortened but the yoke is too small can i go to the junkyard and grab one from an explorer d swap it to my drivehshaft?
Are you sure the yoke is too small? Fords typically use the same diameter yoke for a lot of their shafts

I'd bet money it's the tailshaft seal leaking. They tear easily. Usually a 10.00 part down at the old auto boner

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yea i changed it because it was torn but the new one is just a litttttle bit bigger i can see a tiny gap around the shaft which leads me to believe if i grab a explorer yoke and swap it to my shaft it would work fine. Im hating because i left the shaft in the dornor truck and it hit the junkyard already haha

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Great news guys today i found out about moog pt#353 is a universal ujoint thst has 1310/1330 ends which i hope would allow. Eto use the explorer yoke and the ranger shaft. Tomorrow we shsll see

noser7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sooo the joint fit perfectly and no more leaks i got around to checking it out and the truck is running now!!!! Pumped i deove it to pump gas and put air in the tires. So far it runs good but it seems ike it as a missfire or something. My cats were getting hot last night but today that stopped.

I was just wondering if i should buy a fuel pump or just leave my stock ranger. That could be the problem tho since its a really high pressure compared to what the explorer 5.0 is

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals