• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Goes up to 25 mph, no faster

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
(p.s. you guys are cracking me up!)
Nothing wrong with that! Good luck, man, and let us know how this turns out.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
i'm going to start over saturday and with the battery cables,and i'm going to check every ground i can find.i know,supposed to say (fixin to)in the south.hope to find something,we'll see.thanks guys.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like a good plan. Damn'd grounds can cause a lotta issues...and intermitent problems caused by bad conections are an even bigger pain it the arse.. Once ya start looking at your wireing, take your time, gently pull on some conections, see if anything looks bad. IF you cant solder and heat shrink the new conections, you can use crimp conectors that are coated with heat shrink tubing...They work well, we use them at Deere if/when we cant solder conections.

TWH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
The ground wire that is bad is on the TPS pigtail. Have a new one on order,should be in town in a few days. looking fwd to putting it on! you guys are great thanks so much. I will let ya know how it comes out all so may antilockbreak light come on as well as the emerg.light and stays on most of the time, every now and then they go off at the same time while it running, they go on and off as if they are wired together. If I unplug the wire on the emerg break peadel the panel light stays on as well as the antilock light. If I trun the engine and key on emerg light gose on and off as it should as I set the break and release it thanks.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Thanks for checking in, and letting us know how it's going. You're making progress, for sure. I think you've got two idiot lights on that thing; one for the emergency (or parking) brake, and a second for the anti-lock brakes (ABS). Probably can get that sorted out, too. Do keep us posted, and good luck.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey, try playing with your ebreak release and the pedal, that might fix the e break light. or take a look at the resavoir for the mastercylinder, some wires might be lose there

hdtv27ew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
ground Problems With Computer

I just posted a new thread that talks about some of the ground issues you may be experiencing. Check it out.

87 Bronco II Grounding Problems Solved

Good luck!

TWH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I put the new pig tail on the TPS. Every thing is working great now thanks so much for your help.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Awright! Good deal. From your first post: "Numerous mechanics could never get vehicle to stay running." You did real good, man; CONGRATULATIONS! Now you can just enjoy your new truck. But be careful hanging around here, or else you'll get the bug to start modding it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals