• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Invisible glass

wisconsinwhite-tail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody ever use "invisible glass" on their windows?
How good does the stuff work?

Gabe8810

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it works pretty good but so does windex. save the extra few bucks cause does same thing as windex.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ive always been a windex and newspaper guy.

reds61on

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
"Invisible Glass" by Stoner is a little more expensive but evaporates quicker and leaves less film. You can make any glass cleaner work including vinegar and water with newspaper but I like Stoner's product because it works fast and takes less effort. I use it inside and out. I also use Stoner's "More Shine" tire dressing for the same reason. Doesn't go on messy, dries quick and makes rubber look naturally black.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not sure about that exact product, but I only use aerosol glass cleaners on my truck, they tend to work better. Less streaking etc..

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Bah! Save your money! I am very very extremely obsessively particular about my glass. I have tried absolutely everything over the years. Newspaper, Windex, glass cleaners, blah blah blah. The ultimate way to clean glass: 2 rags - one really wet with water, one dry. You can use microfiber, or anything lint-free. Wipe the window down real good, and immediately dry it. Works perfect, and my truck gets smoked in a lot. Also, it's very important that the glass is cool and in the shade. Sometimes I crank the AC full blast as I'm doing the insides. This is the foolproof method I use to get totally spotless, streak-free windows. I almost always do mine at night, the best time to appreciate the results. At night it looks like the windows are rolled down and the windshield is gone.

Last edited:

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I love it, also the windex with vinager is good, those armorrall wipes for glass suck big time so do any glass wipe

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Most of my trucks have had tint, so i have always used vinegar mixed with warm water, and a clean lint free rag.
Unless things have changed in the last 2 years NEVER use anything with ammonia on tint.

MyRanger4x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6 (4wd)
Transmission
Automatic
I found it to be no better than regular glass cleaner (windex, etc.). It does not remove hard water stains which is what I struggle with.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you want 100% perfect windows without using chemicals, stinking vinegar, or spending any money whatsoever, see post #6.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I've tried the wet rag/dry rag and it works great...but I prefer to cover the smell of the smoke with something so I use either Windex or vinegar...

Oh, and turtle wax on the dash also helps get rid of the smell of smoke...especially the vanilla scented type...but I always spray and wipe with windex to remove whatever smoke I can from the plastic...

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't use any chemicals on the interior any more. I used to use Armor All or crap like that but now I just use water.

I use Meguiar's Odor Eliminator for getting rid of the smell of smoke. I love the stuff because it's not just an air freshener. It actually gets into your upholstery and removes odors - it doesn't just cover them up. My truck never smells like smoke, it always smells brand new. Everyone always asks me what my secret is. It really is amazing stuff.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
i like sprayway glass cleaner. i get it at ace hardware for like 3.50

now i gotta look into the meguiers odor eliminator stuff. my chevy smells like old hats and dust

REDRUM

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Sprayway is great stuff. You can also get it at Sam's Club. We used it in the last hotel I worked in.

I do use Invisible glass and I like it a lot. I think it has something in it that helps bead the water, just not as much as RainX.

Coffee Filters are good to use, also lint free.

94RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The Invisible Glass is awesome. And their glass cleaning tool works great especially if you got a SuperCab.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals