• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Management HELP!

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Something that I didnt see mentioned, and sorry if this is common knowledge, but do the automatic engines and the manual engines have the same size fuel injectors from the factory?

I know with some engines I have worked on in the past have been different depending on the trans behind it.

Another thing to think about fuel pressure wise, is that a high flow fuel pump (the 255 in your case) can actually overrun a factory fuel pressure regulator, meaning that at idle when the engine is not using much fuel, and all of the fuel sent to the rail need to get back to the tank, the regulator is too small and the fuel backs up and pressure skyrockets. So trying to get a gauge on the rail at idle would be a good idea too.

willihimark

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What is the factory pressure at the rail for an 88 mustang gt? If I use an aftermarket regulator should I delete the factory regulator?

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Factory fuel pressure is @40 lbs without vacuum, @32lbs with vacuum attached. give or take a lb or so.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals