• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave cylinder mod

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm OK with the FM145 in my 87. But after replacing the clutch in my son's 94, I was extremely happy with the ease of the "Quick Disconnect". After getting the correct slave because the parts guy screwed up and I failed to test the connection before installing the trans. I've had the trans out of my 87 several times and most of the cussing happens during the hydraulic line connection to the slave. Has anyone ever modified the FM145 bell housing to accept a newer style slave with the quick disconnect? I know the line would have to change but that's a roll pin. New hole would have to be cut in the bell housing to fit the connection, not sure if that would affect it. And the slave in the FM145 has 4 bolts, the one in the 94 only had 2. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this or knows something about it. I know the M50 is a better trans, but I'm OK with what I got now. Except for that cotter pin connection.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
You could probably use a FM146 bell, which uses the same slave as the M5OD.

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Would the 146 bell bolt up to my 2.9? Are all Ranger slave cylinders, length and input shaft diameters the same?

brando-commando

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
yes it will bolt up im doing it right now on my bronco ii i have an 87 but the tranny im putting in is the 88 tranny but i swapped the bell housing and the slave you just have to swap the plate on the front of the tranny thats just behint the slave ctlinder

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals