Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
straycat

Vehicle Year: 02 06 and 2012
Vehicle Make: Jeeps
Vehicle Model: 02 Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.0L 06 Wrangler X 5.7 Hemi 87 Samurai 4x4 2012 Wrangler JK-8
I use this vehicle for: DD and trail rides
straycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8-ranger View Post
If u search custom v8 ranger in the under construction thread u will find it . Its not done yet but will be next month after a 3 year build. Its a 91 ranger with a 95 mustang 5.0 with a eaton m90 off a super coupe it has about 500 horse and 550 ft lbs its got f150 dual shock buckets a 33 gallon tank out of a bronco.

Got it!! Dude, get that thing together and running before you build that cover. If that were my truck that would be together and running years ago....lol

99 Ranger XLT 4 door Supercab lifted 2wd
33x12.5x15 KO's on 15x8 AR polished rims
Spare 33 KO mounted flat in bed/custom bed extender
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
dasfinc
October 2011 STOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Waking up my neighbors
dasfinc will become famous soon enoughdasfinc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If u search custom v8 ranger in the under construction thread u will find it . Its not done yet but will be next month after a 3 year build. Its a 91 ranger with a 95 mustang 5.0 with a eaton m90 off a super coupe it has about 500 horse and 550 ft lbs its got f150 dual shock buckets a 33 gallon tank out of a bronco.
GL with the cover, and cool looking build, but I will be the first to call BS on your horsepower figures. There is no way in high-hell you have an M90, OEM headed 5.0 anywhere even CLOSE to 500hp...

There is a TWIN TURBO ranger on RPS that JUST broke the 400 mark at 12PSI on a stock block/heads on Ethanol.

My Maggie developed M90 blower @ 5PSI put out 250whp on an otherwise stock engine, I expect 320whp give or take now that I'm cammed, roller rockers, double valve springs, 8PSI, 255 Walbro. And that is on a GT-40P motor which flows better out the gates than the 95 mustang 5.0. I don't mean to belittle your build, but at the moment it has 0 horsepower until you have a dyno sheet to prove it.
1998 Ranger RCSB 2WD, 5 Liters, Dead and gone.
My V-8 Ranger Build

Last edited by dasfinc; 10-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.
dasfinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
straycat

Vehicle Year: 02 06 and 2012
Vehicle Make: Jeeps
Vehicle Model: 02 Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.0L 06 Wrangler X 5.7 Hemi 87 Samurai 4x4 2012 Wrangler JK-8
I use this vehicle for: DD and trail rides
straycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfinc View Post
GL with the cover, and cool looking build, but I will be the first to call BS on your horsepower figures. There is no way in high-hell you have an M90, OEM headed 5.0 anywhere even CLOSE to 500hp...

There is a TWIN TURBO ranger on RPS that JUST broke the 400 mark at 12PSI on a stock block/heads on Ethanol.

My Maggie developed M90 blower @ 5PSI put out 250whp on an otherwise stock engine, I expect 320whp give or take now that I'm cammed, roller rockers, double valve springs, 8PSI, 255 Walbro. And that is on a GT-40P motor which flows better out the gates than the 95 mustang 5.0. I don't mean to belittle your build, but at the moment it has 0 horsepower until you have a dyno sheet to prove it.
^^^+2 on that....Yea, I feel that number of his is way off as well since I have built a lot of V8 motors..but I would need to see the build sheet on the motor and I would need to see a Dyno printout as well.

99 Ranger XLT 4 door Supercab lifted 2wd
33x12.5x15 KO's on 15x8 AR polished rims
Spare 33 KO mounted flat in bed/custom bed extender
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
v8-ranger

Vehicle Year: 84/91
Vehicle Model: ranger s
I use this vehicle for: hot rodding around town
v8-ranger is on a distinguished road

Thats not all that was done to the motor i didnt have.time to list it all. It is a 5.0 with a stage two trick flow cam 1.7 ratio roller rockers and new springs the heads are gt40ps that are ported and polished with chrome molley push rods and the lower intake was ported out and my dad is finishing up a upper intake for it i have 42 pound injectors and i just bought a set of inch and 5/8 headers also i have a 95 mm throttle body. The 500 isnt exact but its about 450- 500 the guy tuning it said i will easily have 550 ft lbs of torque
v8-ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
dasfinc

Quote:
Thats not all that was done to the motor i didnt have.time to list it all. It is a 5.0 with a stage two trick flow cam 1.7 ratio roller rockers and new springs the heads are gt40ps that are ported and polished with chrome molley push rods and the lower intake was ported out and my dad is finishing up a upper intake for it i have 42 pound injectors and i just bought a set of inch and 5/8 headers also i have a 95 mm throttle body. The 500 isnt exact but its about 450- 500 the guy tuning it said i will easily have 550 ft lbs of torque
I have a Mild CompCam *above a street cam, so essentially stage 2*, 1.7 RR's, Double valve springs, GT40P's, intake, and injectors. Push rods don't mean diddly.

Ported heads, headers, and a bigger TB are not going to give you a 150-200hp gain. Intake and TB will make Minimal difference in front of an M90, it can't/won't pull enough air to matter, Ditto on the lower manifold. The M90 does not have that kind of efficiency. At 8PSI My blower is SCREAMING, there is just not much left to give.

I've been told by a professional tuner that with my current mods, with Headers, and with a good tune on E85 MIGHT kiss 400whp, so that means you hope to get 100WHP out of a ported lower manifold and a bigger throttle body.

I'm not trying to be a dick, My truck feels like it has a million horsepower, and when I was young I thought my swapped civic was a rocketship. but real numbers are cold hard reality. Your block will crack in half long before you hit the 500 mark, 450whp is the long acclaimed "wall" for stock 5.0 bottom ends. If your engine guy thinks a stock bottom end can hold 500whp, you should look for someone else. That's not just me talking, that's just common knowledge.

If you want big power, you have to ditch the M90, And go with Heads, a Centrifugal blower or Turbo, and forged pistons/rods. "You have to pay to play" and at 17, I suspect that wouldn't be within budget.

I didn't spot, what transmission do you have behind your current setup? T5's start to explode around 350-375whp mark.

I suspect once your rig is all together you will dyno right around the 300whp mark if you are on 8PSI, which will still make for a fun as hell truck that should easily run comfortably into the 13's all day long.
My V-8 Ranger Build

Last edited by dasfinc; 10-13-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
v8-ranger

Thats all your opinion but we know what we are doing so thats all cool and its a m5r2 btw the block is not going to crack at 500 horse and your blower should be screaming at 8 psi cause supercoupe guys can pump theirs up to 16 easy.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #17
v8-ranger

This isnt any engine guy he lives in new york and is the number 1 recomoned tuner by everyone he travels around the world tuning
Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
dasfinc

Quote:
Thats all your opinion but we know what we are doing so thats all cool and its a m5r2 btw the block is not going to crack at 500 horse and your blower should be screaming at 8 psi cause supercoupe guys can pump theirs up to 16 easy.
This statement has proven your ignorance/youth.

You do not understand the concepts of CFM, It takes a TREMENDOUS amount more airflow to keep a V-8 at 8PSI compared to the Super coupe's V6.

Are you going to believe some guy in New York, or a guy that actually factually HAS A M90 roots blower on a 5.0 with similar specs, and has been dyno'ed.

Go find me a 5.0 powered ford ANYTHING with an M90 ontop with a stock long block that makes more than 450hp and I will eat my shoe, film it, and put it on youtube.

A stock 03-04 mustang cobra makes 390hp at the crank, and that is with a much more efficient M112 blower, and a far more advanced engine right out of the gates. If an M90 could make that kind of power, why did they bother using the more expensive, more advanced M112?

Quote:
This isnt any engine guy he lives in new york and is the number 1 recomoned tuner by everyone he travels around the world tuning
Think what you want, but I've never heard of them, but stock 5.0's do not take that kind of power kindly, nor will yours make that much.
My V-8 Ranger Build

Last edited by dasfinc; 10-13-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #19
v8-ranger

How do u get that number when stock mustangs have about 300 horse
Old 10-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
dasfinc

Quote:
How do u get that number when stock mustangs have about 300 horse
Stock 5.0 mustangs make 170whp give or take.

I was using the 03-04 390hp cobra as an example of blower efficiency.

Here are the Dyno results from a bone stock 1998 5.0 V-8 explorer (GT40P Heads) from Torque Monster (Company that builds V-8 ranger swap headers).

Baseline Dyno test results for our 1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 V8 "Eddie Bauer" Edition 4x4 factory stock.

Results:
157.7 hp
203 ftlbs. torque

My V-8 Ranger Build