Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > The Tailgate

Notices

The Tailgate Off-topic forum. Some posts may be NSFW / NSFK.

To post in the Tailgate forum you must be a member of the Tailgate Usergroup. Click HERE to join the Tailgate Usergroup.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
JohnnyO
Moderator Emeritus

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
JohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to behold
Cool And I thought I was having a bad day

Can't put this on Facebook for reasons that will soon be obvious. It's not just you young guys whose lives are soap operas, although I'm outta this one.

I thought I was having a bad day. Weather, dinged my truck off a utility pole last night in the ice, business is closed today due to weather which means no money.

I have a second-cousin who is a [FILTH]-up. Most everyone has one of those. Heart of gold but can't stay out of trouble, he has legal issues on a semi-regular basis. A real-life My Name Is Earl. Apparently I Friended his girlfriend on Facebook at some point. Today she posts that she is broken hearted because her fiance (my cousin) texted the mother of his baby (who I know is married to someone else) and told her that he loved her. See, texting is bad not only when you're driving but because it leaves a trail. In fairness, the babe my cousin knocked up did not tell him she was married, at least not until he offered to marry her when he found she was pregnant. ("Umm...I already have a husband.")

Should I suggest she call the Jerry Springer Show or just stay quiet? Or call my cousin and tell he he's got to erase his old texts? This is how Tiger Woods got in trouble. WWTRSD?

5% Discount Code: 01783FE29A6986 Expires: December 30, 2018
Old 02-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
'99 EB Explorer

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Explorer Eddie Bauer
I use this vehicle for: Making Explorers look good!
'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold

Erasing texts does nothing to hide them. If they have online billing, she can go in and read every text that was sent and received from that phone.
Should know, flaming shit rolls uphill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres629 View Post
You can be President of the Heated Leather Seats Off-Road Luxury Club.
'99 EB Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
7.5L_STX

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger Supercab STX
I use this vehicle for: Lawn Ornament....
7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold7.5L_STX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by '99 EB Explorer View Post
Erasing texts does nothing to hide them. If they have online billing, she can go in and read every text that was sent and received from that phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o

my account is with my parents, but im authorized on the account. i can go in and see the billing statements and change whatever. so basically im part owner of the plan and you CANNOT see texts that were sent or recieved. you can see what times and number they were sent to/from but you cant read them.

My Ranger Is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_smokeater View Post
what the hell you think your doing ya dang yooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
What is "facebook"?

Last edited by 7.5L_STX; 02-22-2011 at 05:26 PM.
7.5L_STX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
ForOffRoadDriving

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING A RANGER CAN DO, AND LOTS OF THINGS IT SHOULDN'T
ForOffRoadDriving has a spectacular aura aboutForOffRoadDriving has a spectacular aura about

you gotta love the fact that we keep making technology that does more and is easier to use but none of us tend to think about how easy it is to get caught doing something (telling your significant other youre at your buddies when youre really at the bar with a girl, she'll catch you with Google lattitude or someother gps system). one of my friends got divorced last month because he was cheating on his wife with a girl in ohio and she used his phone to catch him. my gfs parents are also now getting divorced because her mom put an app on her dads phone which sent a duplicate text (to her phone) of any messages that he sent or recieved. it all comes down to honesty and integrity, but unfortunately thats a quality thats getting hard to find.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

Thank God nobody touches my cell phone or my phone bill.

And if u would like to add me on Fb: Mauricio Martinez

i post a lot of crap there so ull be entertained LOL
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
JohnnyO
Moderator Emeritus

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
JohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to beholdJohnnyO is a splendid one to behold

Mine has unlimited texting and nothing shows up on my bill other than how many.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Ranger Sport Honduras
Zoom Zoom

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi/Ford
Vehicle Model: Montero Sport/Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Hauling ass, work, toy
My credo: Fortune Favors the Brave
Ranger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond reputeRanger Sport Honduras has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Sport Honduras

same as mine. its just a damn ticket showing my number, name and payment hahaha
Ranger Militia
Cardomain(All the trucks)
Ranger Sport Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
'99 EB Explorer

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Explorer Eddie Bauer
I use this vehicle for: Making Explorers look good!
'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold'99 EB Explorer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.5L_STX View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o

my account is with my parents, but im authorized on the account. i can go in and see the billing statements and change whatever. so basically im part owner of the plan and you CANNOT see texts that were sent or recieved. you can see what times and number they were sent to/from but you cant read them.
Well that's exactly how my wife saw the messages a buddy at work was sending me about the woman he was screwing around with at a party.
Should know, flaming shit rolls uphill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres629 View Post
You can be President of the Heated Leather Seats Off-Road Luxury Club.
'99 EB Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
wakingtowinter

Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: extremely hazardous expeditions
wakingtowinter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by '99 EB Explorer View Post
Well that's exactly how my wife saw the messages a buddy at work was sending me about the woman he was screwing around with at a party.
What provider are you with? I know that's not the case with any of the providers my family's been with, because if it was, I'd have been screwed over many, many times by now and my parents would not be happy.
hell i used to have fat guys sit in cars so i could see how they look lowered lol
wakingtowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
GoodOld85BlueBalls

Vehicle Year: 2010/2013
Vehicle Make: FORD/FORD
Vehicle Model: Ranger quadcab Brazil/F150 4x4 Limited
I use this vehicle for: Driving in Brazil/Driving in USA
GoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond reputeGoodOld85BlueBalls has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry Springer all the way