• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98-00 front grill on 03 Ranger question

BlueOval2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 vulcan
Transmission
Automatic
I am in the process of converting the front Clip of my 03 ranger edge to the older 98-00 style havent heard of anyone doing this and i thought it would look nice, the Grill fit with no modification however the L-shaped sidelights wont fit where the trim used to be. I've read that most of these swaps require the core support be swapped, but upon further investigation it seems as though theres another panel bolted to the core support (header panel). My question is will swapping this panel be enough to get the lights to fit?

Snal

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You don't need a new core support. The header panel is correct. It is the piece that is bolted to the support which everything else bolts onto. You'll need the header panel, grill, lights and the shroud if you want it. Also the 98-00 trucks have 2 sockets for turn signals that are placed in the bottom signal. the 01-12 rangers have only 1 socket.

BlueOval2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 vulcan
Transmission
Automatic
Perfect anwser. thanks for the help Ill posts Pics of the swap as soon as i get a header panel from the junkyard.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
You don't need a new core support. The header panel is correct. It is the piece that is bolted to the support which everything else bolts onto. You'll need the header panel, grill, lights and the shroud if you want it. Also the 98-00 trucks have 2 sockets for turn signals that are placed in the bottom signal. the 01-12 rangers have only 1 socket.
:agree:

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Wouldn't he need a new hood too? I think I remember you RSH said that the grille after 2000 was 1 inch taller or was that for the later models like after 05 or something.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals