• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Here's what happened to me sunday night

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I know everyone here are ford fans but this pacifica was my wife's car and it was a very nice car that was well maintained and drove like a new car. We have 4 kids so its not like I can buy the first cheap car I find. We were in a tight spot with our last accident because we had the rental car for 3 days and then we had to find something that could fit 6+ people and within budget without tons of miles. My wife needs something reliable and good on gas as she is driving 20-100 miles in a day depending on what appointment is schedule for our kids (two of them are foster kids so they have appointments like crazy). I only drove this car a handful of times and its got more power than most vans or other 6+ seat vehicles. 250HP gets up and goes. Ya'll can hate on it all you want but for the few thousand miles we put on it we were happy with it.
I feel ya brother. I've had to drive whatever we could find also because of being in a pinch. I hope you can find you something that fits your needs again.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks everyone. So far haven't heard anything yet. The insurance agency wants to get both sides of the story so who knows how that works when she got arrested lol. Pretty much I can handle it through my insurance (full coverage) and supposedly get paid quicker or I can handle it through her insurance which will take longer but may benefit me more. Anyone deal with this before know which road is better to take? This time of year is frustrating not having a car that can seat everyone if we wanted to go somewhere so part of me wants to handle it through my insurance but my wife says that will make my rates go up. So can anyone shed some light on which route to take?

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Thanks everyone. So far haven't heard anything yet. The insurance agency wants to get both sides of the story so who knows how that works when she got arrested lol.
Both sides? She hit a parked car... Who the hell is the other side in this?!? Are they going to to take a witness statement from your van? :icon_confused:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Both sides? She hit a parked car... Who the hell is the other side in this?!? Are they going to to take a witness statement from your van? :icon_confused:
"so I was just sitting there asleep when out of the blue some drunk chick I don't even know hit me really hard in the nose" :black_eye:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Thanks everyone. So far haven't heard anything yet. The insurance agency wants to get both sides of the story so who knows how that works when she got arrested lol. Pretty much I can handle it through my insurance (full coverage) and supposedly get paid quicker or I can handle it through her insurance which will take longer but may benefit me more. Anyone deal with this before know which road is better to take? This time of year is frustrating not having a car that can seat everyone if we wanted to go somewhere so part of me wants to handle it through my insurance but my wife says that will make my rates go up. So can anyone shed some light on which route to take?
I'd wait and go through her insurance. You will probably be able to get more money, even though it may take a little longer.

Too bad you are so far away, I'd let you borrow the Expedition.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
as for the insurance, when you get the accident report (here in Indiana you have to send out for them and pay a fee...you don't get them from the police. stupid stupid stupid) let your insurance know what is going on, go through her insurance and if they screw around, go to your insurance and let your insurance sue the crap out of hers for the difference. you should not even have a deductible, the accident report should state that she was OWI at the time of accident.

Moral of the story, even if your insurance gets involved, they *will* go after her insurance and it should not go against you either.

AJ

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Don't forget the mental aguish, damage to your curb, and the loss of the hundreds or priceless picasso paintings that were stored in the car.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'd wait and go through her insurance. You will probably be able to get more money, even though it may take a little longer.

Too bad you are so far away, I'd let you borrow the Expedition.
Thanks for the offer. Yes it is a lot of B.S. and I think my best route is to go through her insurance. I just don't know what kind of coverage she has still. Her insurance agency wouldn't tell me what kind of coverage she had so I got to make some phone calls today. I didn't get a single call yesterday from either insurance agency so I'm going to be up their butts today to get answers. This is day #3 that we don't have a car. My wife has to borrow her moms mini van to get the kids to their family visits today. A rental would have been nice. Plus our car is at a tow yard collecting a $25/day storage fee that I better not get stuck with. This is just a crappy situation. I talked to a guy yesterday who had a similar accident and he said when he went through his insurance that he had to pay his $500 deductible. My insurance said if they were to pay me for the value of my car they would just take the deductible off whatever they would give me. So I'm off to make phone calls and get answers.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The important thing to remember is that you were not at fault, and you should not pay for anything out of pocket. This is all on her and her insurance.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Similar situation happened to my sister in NC. It was snowing and someone hit her Mustang LX. Pretty sure she didn't pay a dime to anybody and got a Volvo s70 wagon as a replacement.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Similar situation happened to my sister in NC. It was snowing and someone hit her Mustang LX. Pretty sure she didn't pay a dime to anybody and got a Volvo s70 wagon as a replacement.
Well that is a sad story. :fie:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Isn't it your insurance companies obligation to go after her insurance company for the money? And whether she has full coverage or basic liability shouldnt matter on your part, that should only matter if she wants her car fixed.

I've only ever been in one major accident where I was T-boned at an intersection from a guy running a stop sign. Totalled my S-10, my insurance company got my deductible and everything covered by the other drivers insurance. I never even spoke to the other insurance company. I was given a rental for 6 days no charge and then a check. No cost out of my pocket and my insurance was just crap liability. I even managed to get my truck back with a salvage title for something Like 50 bucks. I had a 350/350 and 9" rear in it that were all still recoverable that I wasn't letting go since they weren't factored into the value of the truck...

I was just under the assumption that whoever is at fault, there insurance is responsible for paying but your insurance is responsible for getting that money.

The only time I ever had an issue with someone elses insurance was when a tree hit my car, not I hit a tree... I was driving and a tree literally fell on top of my car. My insurance covered the damage but wanted their 500 deductible. I said get it from the property owner but they refused to go after them. I tried going after the property owner myself but it turned out to be the state so that went nowhere.

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Thanks, it got worse, she now drives a Smart for2 now.:bawling:
A Focus of similar year has a lower year over year cost of ownership and similar crash-test ratings, while having more room.

You should point that out to her.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
A Focus of similar year has a lower year over year cost of ownership and similar crash-test ratings, while having more room.

You should point that out to her.
But the focus doesn't give you the undeserved smug sense of self importance that the smart car does! For the true narcissist that is a deal breaker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals