• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

vibration

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
ok guys so when im going 60 on the highway and i let my foot off the gas it vibrates as if i was driving on the center lane where the wake up grooves then when i hit the gas again it stops have pin pointed it to the passenger side front wheel im kinda thinking wheel bearings but ive never had to deal with them so imm not sure what happens if they go out. sorry if i am a bit vauge on explaining what it is i just need to get it fixed cause i travel to see my girl alot

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Vibration

If the vibration feels like it is coming from behind and slightly to the right of you then check your rear driveshaft U joints.

If it is coming form the passenger side make sure that your hub isn't locked and causing funny stuff with that axle.
If the wheel bearings are bad they are going to be noisy, and very noticeable when you left off the gas and have the radio off.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
i have a better comparison what it feels and sounds like is a flat tire but it never is flat

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a similar problems and mine was warped and cracked rotors if you drive at night check if the rotors are glowing when you stop mine did this. i drove it on the high way and would get that shake (even sometimes around town) and one time i showed up at home hubs were melted and my brakes were white hot, took out the rotor had 3 or 4 cracks and was VERY badly warped

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
ive been having problems with my brakes so that might just be it thanks i will check that tomorrow night

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
brownie u were close the pads were almost down to the rivits and both were missing the the anti vibration spring so went and got brakes for 26 bucks went to put them on and apperently had to buy the springs and things that holds the caliper on seperatly for 13 bucks and then didnt have a big enough c clamp to compress the center of the caliper so that was another 15 bucks to add on to the bill but of course there is always a bright side to it my grandma said she will pay me 150 for each brake i do on her exscape so that will be a pretty easy 600 bucks cant wait cause i need that money to start saving for my wedding since i purposed to my girl last sunday

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice, glad i could almost help :p. Congrats on proposing, best of luck to you :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals