• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What the heck is this?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
But.. how will it know when to turn on?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Wow; talk about deja vu. If you've still got the alarm box, see about getting it checked out to see if it works.

Key fob remote controls operate the alarm (turn it on and off). If the box is still good, you should be able to buy remotes for it.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow; talk about deja vu. If you've still got the alarm box, see about getting it checked out to see if it works.
Key fob remote controls operate the alarm (turn it on and off). If the box is still good, you should be able to buy remotes for it.
Alright. I found the box again. It's attached by a plastic clip so I'll remove it tomorrow. It's not wired to anything.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Found another piece to the alarm. I was feeling around for wires to hook into (instead I just rednecked my switch to the fuse box) and got a shock. I'll have to see about removing it or at least figuring out what it does. I think it has something to do with disabling the engine? And I think that's bad.. haha.

Its a small black box, smaller than the main box, and has letters on the side, it was three letters then -RPS and I can't remember what the first three are at the moment.

I'm moving this to my build thread, located in my signature. (Project Life Support)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals