• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newb from South Florida

B3000Steve

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
My name is Steve, born and raised in south Florida. Finally learned my lesson, no more GM vehicles for me. Traded my POS 03 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP in on a red 02 B3000 Dual Sport. She's in great shape, even if she does have 113K on her. Got an extended warranty, ETC. She's covered for 3 more years or another 24k. Rides nice, looks great and I'm looking forward to having a vehicle on the road and not in the shop.

Carry on.
:icon_cheers:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the addiction, trust me it's well worth it. Do you have any plans for the mazda.

B3000Steve

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the addiction, trust me it's well worth it. Do you have any plans for the mazda.
I'd like to do a few things to her looks wise, even though she already looks good. Tonneau cover, some wheels and tires.
Thinking about dynamatting the interior. Maybe some buckets, I really dont know.
The 3.0 seems to be a dead end as far as performance mods so I plan on leaving her stock.

and where do you live in fl?
Port St Lucie.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where is that in reference to Tampa/plant city!

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd like to do a few things to her looks wise, even though she already looks good. Tonneau cover, some wheels and tires.
Thinking about dynamatting the interior. Maybe some buckets, I really dont know.
The 3.0 seems to be a dead end as far as performance mods so I plan on leaving her stock.

Port St Lucie.
Welcome!

Dead end in performance mods? I think not :p

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/3_0performance.html

Scroll down past the technical info. I've had a 3.0 and did alot of reading on the 3.0, so I know a it about whats out there for them. I respect it, although quite a few people consider it junk.

Also, I do believe my dad did work on the power plant around there, so I'll thank him for you, for you continuing to have electricity. :icon_thumby:

Kidding of course lol

B3000Steve

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome!

Dead end in performance mods? I think not :p

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/3_0performance.html

Scroll down past the technical info. I've had a 3.0 and did alot of reading on the 3.0, so I know a it about whats out there for them. I respect it, although quite a few people consider it junk.

Also, I do believe my dad did work on the power plant around there, so I'll thank him for you, for you continuing to have electricity. :icon_thumby:

Kidding of course lol
I think if I really want more power Id save up for a 5.0 swap. B5000 sounds nice, don't you think? Tell your Dad thanks, but to please get the power back on sooner after a hurricane? 2 weeks with no juice, in a hot muggy Florida summer is just wrong. :D

WarriorPrincess

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the board. There is a lot of help here and friends to be made.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think if I really want more power Id save up for a 5.0 swap. B5000 sounds nice, don't you think? Tell your Dad thanks, but to please get the power back on sooner after a hurricane? 2 weeks with no juice, in a hot muggy Florida summer is just wrong. :D
He just helps build/refurbish the damn things :p it not working right ain't his problemo xD

I love the 5.0 as much as the next guy, but EVERYONE does it. It's almost a sheep complex now xD.

Also, if you want trouble free power year round, move the hell out of Florida lol

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
He just helps build/refurbish the damn things :p it not working right ain't his problemo xD

I love the 5.0 as much as the next guy, but EVERYONE does it. It's almost a sheep complex now xD.

Also, if you want trouble free power year round, move the hell out of Florida lol
And if you want a snow free winter! Stay in Florida:thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals