• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 right signal light/marker light not working properly

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
so i noticed that my marker light on the right side under my headlight was not working it would still signal but just not light up as a marker so i figured that one of the 2 filaments was burnt out. went to napa and got a new bulb.
now my marker works but my right signal light will not light up. none of the right signal lights light up. what should i check 1st? the fuses should be fine since the other side the lights work. also i went and got another bulb from ford to see if maybe i had gotten a dud. same issue

crusin93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1998
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
You most likely have a flasher bulb that is out in the rear right. In order for the flasher to function (complete the curciut) all bulbs must be in good order. Try that first as I doubt your flasher relay would only effect only the right side. Buy a new set of bulbs that you know are good or you might end up chasing your tail with unreliable bulbs. Get a friend to accuate the flasher handle so you can see what's going on first hand.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
all the lights worked and flashed before i replaced the bulb. i guess its possible that the bulb burnt out after i did a walk around to check to see if i needed more since i was getting a bulb anyways.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
i figured it out. apparently you can actually put a bulb in backwards i guess the newer bulbs are able to go in backwards because i swapped my drivers side bulb to my passengers side and it worked fine but i put the napa bulb in the drivers side it was still bad. the filament was good and part numbers matched so i checked how the oem bulb went in and copied it with the napa one. tada!:yahoo: it worked.

crusin93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1998
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Good stuff!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals