• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

World of Warships

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I haven't been on since but that is what it sounds like on facebook.

Lots of people are complaining about it but in WWII that is what they did for mutual AA support.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I haven't been on since but that is what it sounds like on facebook.

Lots of people are complaining about it but in WWII that is what they did for mutual AA support.
Yeah, I had to explain this to someone in game right after I typed all that out. He was screaming his head off in chat because he got the crap bombed out of his DD right away, after running from the group, but I didn't stop and attack the bombers, I flew right past them. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that my Corsairs can't function as fighters in the game, and are only good for rocket strikes on surface ships.

He thought that I still had fighters like I did before the rework and choose not to defend him with them.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I need to get on again, carriers don't have fighters? That is a huge part of what they do...

How they dealt with enemy aircraft in WWII:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_blue_blanket

It wasn't everybody running around willy-nilly with no air cover.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I need to get on again, carriers don't have fighters? That is a huge part of what they do...

How they dealt with enemy aircraft in WWII:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_blue_blanket

It wasn't everybody running around willy-nilly with no air cover.
I know.

Like I said, fighters aren't gone completely, but they really don't work how they should.

I can drop them in one spot, they cover an area about the size of a grid square, and not much more, and they are there for 1 minute, less if you take off the arrival delay. Pretty much for the Patrol Fighter consumable to be useful the CV player has to anticipate which ship will be attacked by planes, when, what direction the attack will come from, and drop the consumable on top of that ship right before the attack, or a little towards the incoming planes.

I have found the most useful use of it to be chasing other planes until they drop one and then dropping it on top of that one for fighter kill ribbons.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally signed back on yesterday because I got an email that I had received a free gift of at least 7 days of premium... and they gave me the Sims. ?

Of course now they have the thing going for the HMS Exeter so I got started doing that. 3 airplanes down, 27 to go.

I thinking they buffed the AA on my Omaha too, it seems to do a lot more fly swatting than I remember.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Finally signed back on yesterday because I got an email that I had received a free gift of at least 7 days of premium... and they gave me the Sims. ?

Of course now they have the thing going for the HMS Exeter so I got started doing that. 3 airplanes down, 27 to go.

I thinking they buffed the AA on my Omaha too, it seems to do a lot more fly swatting than I remember.
They buffed the AA on a lot of things. I've basically given up on CVs because they have become too expensive to use. Each plane lost at T8 and 10 counts as a 1000 cr round used.

I've been maining my Okt. Rev lately. Its a decent ship.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They buffed the AA on a lot of things. I've basically given up on CVs because they have become too expensive to use. Each plane lost at T8 and 10 counts as a 1000 cr round used.

I've been maining my Okt. Rev lately. Its a decent ship.
I don't think you are the only one, now that I need aircraft kills it seems nobody plays carriers. I only played one game yesterday with a carrier, I got two of his planes and someone else's spotter. Going to be a long grind to get 30 kills by the 29th at this rate.

I haven't ran into an okt rev yet, that thing got really ugly between world wars and they hung onto it a long time after WWII.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I don't think you are the only one, now that I need aircraft kills it seems nobody plays carriers. I only played one game yesterday with a carrier, I got two of his planes and someone else's spotter. Going to be a long grind to get 30 kills by the 29th at this rate.

I haven't ran into an okt rev yet, that thing got really ugly between world wars and they hung onto it a long time after WWII.
Well when the AA buff came out it took me a while to realize that I was loosing money on CV battles, but I was grinding XP on my Lex to get a Midway. I really wish I'd figured it out BEFORE I bought the Midway. Anyway, that caused me some money issues. So I have been maining the Okt because it is a premium ship. I do better with it than I do the New York or the PFE, but since it is a premium I don't even have to play that well to turn a profit on the match. I can do 5K damage and be the first guy dead and I still get at least 15K credit profit at the end of the match.

I didn't pay for it though, I bought it with coal that I accumulated from XP containers.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I have been playing Doom 2016. Killing demons is a good stress relief.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well when the AA buff came out it took me a while to realize that I was loosing money on CV battles, but I was grinding XP on my Lex to get a Midway. I really wish I'd figured it out BEFORE I bought the Midway. Anyway, that caused me some money issues. So I have been maining the Okt because it is a premium ship. I do better with it than I do the New York or the PFE, but since it is a premium I don't even have to play that well to turn a profit on the match. I can do 5K damage and be the first guy dead and I still get at least 15K credit profit at the end of the match.

I didn't pay for it though, I bought it with coal that I accumulated from XP containers.
They have thrown a couple premiums my way to entice me back, Texas, Kidd and now Sims. Somehow I just got Marblehead for 7 days which is a nice ship. The only one I bought was Arizona because... Arizona.

I have been playing Doom 2016. Killing demons is a good stress relief.
I actually broke out the Xbox and have been playing Reach. Agreed that shooting stuff is a good stress reliever.

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I'm gonna buy far cry new dawn when it goes on sale. Doom eternal is set to release this year. Gonna be awesome. New Godzilla movie is coming out this year. Going to be a good year.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

You know, I have a VIP pass that ensures I can get into games with CVs every time.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You know, I have a VIP pass that ensures I can get into games with CVs every time.
I have found that Marblehead doesn't get thrown in with carriers very often while Omaha does. Nobody wants to pick on me though.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have found that Marblehead doesn't get thrown in with carriers very often while Omaha does. Nobody wants to pick on me though.
A good CV captain will avoid an Omaha if better targets are available. Running off on your own is a good way to get picked on.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have tried that. I also tried screening for battleships to catch them en route but nobody wants to play.

It is hard to bait aircraft too hard, being in an Omaha I have to be careful who I show my side to or I will get deleted from three games away and I want to be otherwise productive for the game.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals