• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2012 Boss 302!!!

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
iv touched one:thefinger:

two in fact

a Blue/white Boss 302

a Black/Orange Leguna Seca

whos ur daddy:icon_twisted:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I'd drive it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
100% junk. I will never buy one of the new mustangs. The older ones are far better in every way and will never lose their retail value. These are just boy toys for idiots with more money then since. Once you own it it will never bw worth what you paid for it down the road.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The older ones are far better in every way and will never lose their retail value.
Not true, just because something is old and rare doesn't mean condition doesn't count. If you have an original Boss 302, no one is gonna want to give you GOOD money for it if the fenders are dented in, the floorpans are rusted out, and if the engine is locked up.

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
100% junk. I will never buy one of the new mustangs. The older ones are far better in every way and will never lose their retail value. These are just boy toys for idiots with more money then since. Once you own it it will never bw worth what you paid for it down the road.
Ok.

Bring one of your 100% gold, old mustangs that are better in every way that never lose their resale value..

Lets race. Track or drag. Your choice.

If you back out, shut up.

We can videotape it and post it here. Then everyone will know the real truth. Ok?

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
iv touched one:thefinger:

two in fact

a Blue/white Boss 302

a Black/Orange Leguna Seca

whos ur daddy:icon_twisted:
What did you think? cause I'm in the market next year. My wife wanted this year's so I bought it for her for a graduation present. I want one of thos real bad especially after driving hers....a good thing I don't drive it all the time. She still lets me do nice things to it:D.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What did you think? cause I'm in the market next year. My wife wanted this year's so I bought it for her for a graduation present. I want one of thos real bad especially after driving hers....a good thing I don't drive it all the time. She still lets me do nice things to it:D.
they look good and i think Fords been really good on improving quality. when i was testing for them they had me do Lots of stuff and when stuff came up they were sticklers about getting it addressed, i never drove them though just a bit of fondling.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Just because they sell for the same price they did new doesn't mean they retained their value... $2-10k while it will catch about any generic Mustang up until the late 90's won't buy much of a new car anymore.

Milage, handling, power, performance, drivablity, durability, safety... the new car eats the old ones ALIVE.

The 5.0 is a riot :icon_thumby:

I haven't been around a Boss, but the regular GT is a lot of fun. Really hp numberwise the difference per dollar is kinda disappointing IMO. Unless you are really going to race it I don't think the cost justifies the difference. The aftermarket is starting to come out with hop up stuff for the new 5.0 too if you want more power.

BTW, the "Sport" Ford Racing axleback exhaust kit sounds freaking sweet. :icon_thumby:

For the money I would be more inclinded to look at a GT-500 but keep in mind the GT-350 is probably more comparable, probably cheaper... and a more practical performer. Kinda looses the caveman with a club attack plan that the GT-500 has. I prefer the looks of them over the Boss 302 also.

How so?
Let me guess, one of your friends/buddies told you so
He sure didn't read it in any big name magazine :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
about a month ago there was a 1 hr show on spike or speed channel that dealt with the making of the 2012 BOSS 302 & Parrnell Jones & Carol Shelby were both involved with input into the performance & handle of the NEW BOSS. The Laguna Seca version is the way to go , even has the rear seat deleted & a x bar installed for extra bracing & L.S. version sits lower with front splitter & better brakes & tires & much,much more. :icon_thumby:

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I do love a Ford with a performance pack FOR the performance pack. Laguna Seca edition is a 302, only MORE. :D

Also, I like the idea of the removable exhaust baffles that "if you have the inclination to remove" make the exhaust even more beastly.

That being said, my dislike of modern cars would still lead me to spend the money on an old Mustang that I'd build. The new Boss 302 is still damn good. Just like the GT40 was a massive middle finger to Ferrari, the new Boss is like a middle finger to european sports car, specifically BMW.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^^^^^^ lol me too

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
.Milage, handling, power, performance, drivablity, durability, safety... the new car eats the old ones ALIVE.
I haven't been around a Boss, but the regular GT is a lot of fun. Really hp numberwise the difference per dollar is kinda disappointing IMO. Unless you are really going to race it I don't think the cost justifies the difference. The aftermarket is starting to come out with hop up stuff for the new 5.0 too if you want more power.
For the money I would be more inclinded to look at a GT-500 but keep in mind the GT-350 is probably more comparable, probably cheaper... and a more practical performer. Kinda looses the caveman with a club attack plan that the GT-500 has. I prefer the looks of them over the Boss 302 also.
:
Ya, the Boss is more orientated for the road course. The GT-350 was way over rated and priced. They went for $11-14K more than the GT-500. They were about at their power limit because of the powdered rods. There was a YouTube showing a stock (drag radials only) 2012 at the strip that was running under 12 sec's. Ford has just now come out with the forged bottom end and lower compression so the HP limits are way over 600HP now. Can't wait to see what cars end up with that coming off the showroom floor.
Dave of the Nord

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals